Sunday, June 22, 2014

Powder room spruce up

We decided to purchase a paint sprayer because we will soon need to stain our fence.  We also thought we could use it to paint indoors.

We tested it out today in the powder room.  We had over 1/2 gallon left of SW Halcyon Green and thought it would look nice in there.  My husband taped it all up and went to town on it. 

I would definitely say it was more of a pain than just rolling and do not think we will use it indoors again.   It got overspray all over the ceiling,  leaked on the molding,  couldn't get behind the sink or toilet and we still had to go cut in up at the ceiling with a brush.  Major headache for such a small room.

We took a mirror from the spare bedroom to give it less of a builder standard look.  I like it!  I put the powder room mirror in the spare bedroom over the dresser and it doesn't look terrible but I may replace it eventually.

I forgot how much I HATE painting!  Ugh!  Much more of that to come over the next few months though.

5 comments:

  1. I am so excited I found your blog! I can't stop scrolling through. :) You have impeccable taste and it is making me so excited for the future. I really love all of your touches that have made your home so different. Great job on the bathroom! :) The mirror bathroom that you put over the dresser looks perfect for the space. I love the trade!

    ReplyDelete
  2. bathroom looks great! i was wondering about weather to use a paint sprayer for indoors or not but I think you just totally answered the question. i hate painting but i definitely hate cleaning up a mess i've made after lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the colors in the bathroom and that mirror looks awesome! Do you remember where you got it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. The only time I found spraying worth it is in a large area. In small areas the prep is so time consuming. But it does look good!

    ReplyDelete