We have been in our home almost 13 months and I am still fighting to get my 10 month repairs finished up.
The cabinet people came in last week and verified that yes, our cabinets are separating and they have authorized 2 new cabinets and will be rehanging one that is not quite level with the rest. They are also ordering a few back panels on the back of the island where someone scratched it and then tried to touch it up with paint... um yeah.
On another note, the PM who is arranging all these repairs gets a thumbs down. If you remember, I had to fight with him over our squeaky stairs, our half dead tree...and now I have been trying to get him to fix a sunken seam at the top of the stairs/loft where you can feel that the floor sinks. It has been THREE MONTHS.
He keeps saying Rite Rug will be calling, they never do. I will give him over a week before bugging him again and then he says he will check on it, then I never hear back.
The last email from him told ME to contact Rite Rug corporate. Well I called that number that I found on google because he didn't give me the decency to give me the number, and sure enough no one there was able to help me because my home is thru Ryan and they transferred me to some random extension where I left a message 6 days ago with no reply.
This is annoying!
So I submit a service request on Ryan's website for the same issue, which now my PM is going to contact me again and here I go back in the circle of waiting on him.
So the moral of the story is, while the house is in progress, THAT PM is awesome. And he's awesome past the point of you buying the house while he still has you under his warranty (aka his survey!!). But once we flipped from him to the regional guy....it has been a completely different and frustrating experience and I am READY to get my repairs finished and call it a day with him.
Oh yes, well into my horror movie!! Its been nearly one year since our 10 month and still trying. Wonder if we have same guy...........SD are his initials?? It is a circus you have to bug them and bug the and bug them, its a full time job!!
ReplyDelete