Do you have a humidifier attached to your furnace? Do you know the relative humidity in the house? That can be the cause. Relative humidity meters are very cheap to buy. It's just a thought.
Some Ryan Homes PM's will try to tell you this is normal but it is not and it can be fixed! We have a Rome but they did have to remove all flooring in our Master and upstairs hallway to fix this exact issue.
I only get the seasonal squeaks, and even gaps between the boards, it can't be fixed bc it is a humidity issue, so the only solution is the whole house humidifier, which we plan to get since it also helps with dry skin and not waking up every day with nose bleeds! Last winter we had bloody noses every morning and our skin was uncontrollably itchy! It's worth the 700 bucks or so to get one installed
NOT NORMAL! Seasonal or not (sorry Rachel, loves ya). I had so many squeaks, but they fixed them all except 2 now we are working on. Some places they had to tear up the carpet and re adjust the subfloor, some of my hardwood planks were replace and also screwed from underneath in the basement to stop the squeaking. Sometimes they were able to just drill a screw threw the carpet to the subfloor to get it to stop. (no worries special screws that break off, you never know they did it). Ryan was awesome about getting all my squeaks fixed. I had lots.
Although Rachel I have noticed my top two steps make horrible noises until a few days ago, now nothing, cause its so cold here??? of course they are coming on tuesday to fix those. But none the less, the squeak would come back with warmer weather.
Agree, not normal! We had some squeaks and they were fixed. I will be on the look out to see if we get more with the cold weather. Just a thought, and I by any means have absolutely no expertise about this, but I wonder if when we had our build makes a difference for when we have squeaks regarding weather. I was a winter build and had summer squeaks.
Do you have a humidifier attached to your furnace? Do you know the relative humidity in the house? That can be the cause. Relative humidity meters are very cheap to buy. It's just a thought.
ReplyDeleteSome Ryan Homes PM's will try to tell you this is normal but it is not and it can be fixed! We have a Rome but they did have to remove all flooring in our Master and upstairs hallway to fix this exact issue.
ReplyDeleteI only get the seasonal squeaks, and even gaps between the boards, it can't be fixed bc it is a humidity issue, so the only solution is the whole house humidifier, which we plan to get since it also helps with dry skin and not waking up every day with nose bleeds! Last winter we had bloody noses every morning and our skin was uncontrollably itchy! It's worth the 700 bucks or so to get one installed
ReplyDeleteNOT NORMAL! Seasonal or not (sorry Rachel, loves ya). I had so many squeaks, but they fixed them all except 2 now we are working on. Some places they had to tear up the carpet and re adjust the subfloor, some of my hardwood planks were replace and also screwed from underneath in the basement to stop the squeaking. Sometimes they were able to just drill a screw threw the carpet to the subfloor to get it to stop. (no worries special screws that break off, you never know they did it). Ryan was awesome about getting all my squeaks fixed. I had lots.
ReplyDeleteAlthough Rachel I have noticed my top two steps make horrible noises until a few days ago, now nothing, cause its so cold here??? of course they are coming on tuesday to fix those. But none the less, the squeak would come back with warmer weather.
Agree, not normal! We had some squeaks and they were fixed. I will be on the look out to see if we get more with the cold weather. Just a thought, and I by any means have absolutely no expertise about this, but I wonder if when we had our build makes a difference for when we have squeaks regarding weather. I was a winter build and had summer squeaks.
ReplyDeleteI have 1 or 2 squeaks. I'm trying to decide if I can live with them or if I will have them fixed at the 10 month mark.
ReplyDelete