So the time has come for us to figure out what kind of deck we want. The issue is...we have a portion of our patio that collects water and keeps it up against the house. I have always been concerned about it, and the patio is green and gross right there from the rain water sitting. If we deck over it, it will continue to do this, we just won't have to see it :)
Well, sure enough we found something that states:
“Site grading plans should consider the existing natural water flow and change the water flow to direct water away from the building foundation…If concrete flatwork (i.e., patio slabs, driveways, and walks) are adjacent to the building, they should be sloped not less than 2% (about 1/4 inch in 12 inches) away from the building. Backfill should be tamped firmly to prevent excessive settlement or the grade should be adjusted to allow for future backfill settlement.”
I have entered in 2 service requests and texted our contact with Ryan twice. I called Corporate and they said they would send him a message... so far no response.
Once you get past that 1 year mark... they really don't want to deal with you. But I'm sure that we have like a 6 year warranty on the patio or something... I just know that once we deck over it we will have nasty stagnant water sitting down there and I definitely don't want it sitting up against the house.
Anyone else have problems with this?
**updated to add, he called me back today and is coming to check it out Thursday. Something about throwing it up on a blog suddenly gets people in action? ;) I'll keep you updated with what happens!
RH wants nothing to do with you after the 1 year mark, trust me I had to battle it out before our mast shower was leaking and I have mold and soggy drywall downstairs. I just got the call today though (2 months later...) that they are coming to fix it next week. The flooring company is actually paying the bill though bc they messed up when installing the shower tile. If your neighborhood is still in construction and you have a model home, i would walk in when there are potential customers and talk to the sales person that, that usually motivates them!
ReplyDeleteTotally agree. They did call back today so if you call Corporate they will make things happen :) They are coming to check it out Thursday!
Delete