Monday, July 14, 2014

Master bedroom sanctuary

Over the weekend we decided to tackle a little DIY inexpensive project.  The closet in the Florence leaves much to be desired and it just wasn't working for us.  We purchased a new dresser from Ikea for $199 and I love it!!  We took the tv from the loft and got some nicer hampers and it just feels so much more like a place I want to hang out and watch movies.

We also spent $148 at Lowes on some new closet pieces and you can't get cheaper than that!  While I would have loved a fancy closet system,  our closet is just so tiny that I think its not worth it.  The closet had rails all the way around but the corners were unusable making even less space.  We removed the back piece and put this fabulous huge mirror there instead, LOVE!  $50 at home goods!

Then my hubs raised up the one rack we had and added a second rack and installed a shoe rack,  it is awesome.  He hasn't yet finished his side but he is going to put his rack up high with a second one below but no shoe rack :)

Overall an inexpensive way to make our room feel a little more fancy and cozy.  Our living room couch is not super ideal to sprawl out and watch movies so now we have a better spot.

Question: now that the loft is without a tv...we are trying to figure out what to make that space.   A gym is out...what else could we do there?  I can't see putting a tv there and having 3....

Thanks in advance!

11 comments:

  1. How awesome is this??? I love what you all did to the space. The closet is fab and you're bedroom is very cozy. Grab some popcorn and tune into a LMN World Premier! I am a freak for headboards and pillow arrangements and you did great! I love it! Such a great idea for your shoes too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! It makes it soooo much better. We almost never spent time up in our room but now, I'm like in there after dinner hanging out. Love it. The closet HAD to be redone, it just was NOT working and we had piles and piles of shorts, clothes and junk all on the top. But, the only way it really worked out, is because we got a dresser for all that stuff.

      Delete
  2. I agree with Eboni! I love your interior designing skills and taste! I love Ikea! I wish we have one nearby but we have to travel 3 hours to the closest one. Boo. I feel ya on the closet... I'm scared that my things will take up my boyfriend's side. lol. I'm jealous of the other homes with two closets. Blah!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! We love it too. If you needed a decent amount of stuff, I'd definitely go and make a day of it. We used to live farther, right now it's a little over an hour but we will go for the day and have fun, and then stop there on our way back and load up. I will say the dresser came in like 3500 pieces...lol And I am with you on the 2 closets, that would have been ahhhhhmazing.

      Delete
  3. I like the closet arrangement. Since we added a 4th BR instead of keeping loft, it ate into our closet space. I never thought of adding more closet pieces til now. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't imagine it being smaller than it was...but wow! yeah when I went back to work I really added so much more clothes and was taking up 3/4 of the closet. I'm like...something has to change. It was quite inexpensive to do, one 8ft section was $9 and we cut it into 4 pieces for shoe shelves!

      Delete
  4. Love how you used the space in the closet (my wheels are turning now!) and your master!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! something HAD to happen, our closet was our least favorite thing about our house! The venice has a huge closet with a window...the florence...not so much :(

      Delete
  5. LOVE your master bedroom. It's perfect! I definitely want to add a second lower rack. Our closet is going to be small as well, so I am willing to take and make any space I can ;) and I love the mirror addition. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the master bedroom... especially that headboard!!

    ReplyDelete