So, 10 days ago we had our 1 year anniversary of buying our home!! Hard to believe it's already been a year, and it's been one of the best years. We just love our home, we LOVE our neighborhood and we have the best neighbors. Really blessed to be where we are at.
Remember those gaps in my cabinets? Well the tech that came out, said they needed to be replaced and would have to go up the chain to make that happen. Here we are 1.5 months later and I'm just now getting a call that a supervisor is going to come out and look at them. Next Tuesday they will come and see all the beautiful gaps that are visible from a mile away on my gorgeous cream cabinets, that by the way were the MOST expensive option so yeah...they are going to make them right.
We are still waiting to find out when the carpet people are coming, we have a few spots that feel like they have sunk, and a few floor creaks still. Right at the top of the loft you can feel where the floor seam dips, not sure how they are going to fix that, but I will tell you I am tired of my house settling and am ready for it to stop. Never could have guessed how annoying that would be.
We still have not started our deck but are hoping to over Labor Day weekend...
Stay tuned!
So glad you love your home and neighborhood! I am so apprehensive about our possible neighbors. Our last neighborhood just didn't thrive like I dreamed of. So fingers crossed for this one! I know it is possible to have great neighbors and become friends with them.
ReplyDeleteHope they fix everything for you. Especially the cabinets! You have to look at those every day! Good luck!
I am so glad I ran across your blog today. Our pre-construction meeting is on the 18th and I am nervous/excited. Would you be willing to add me to your blog roll? I am a current blogger and have decided to add a Ryan home section.
ReplyDeletewww.happilyeverrushed.blogspot.com (Building with Ryan)
Also, with hindsight do you happen to have any advice for me, for the meeting?
happilyeverrushed@blogspot.com