I really like this curbed one that is perfect for mowing
But there is that part of me that feels like...I can't pay someone to do something that we can do ourselves! That would cost us over $500 which isn't too bad, but I can't help but think that we could do a different option and have money to do another project and still be ahead.
We stopped by Home Depot to see what they had:
The first option is this flexible rock looking stuff that you stake into the ground. It looks like real rock but is $14.97 per 4 feet and I wonder if it would wear down over time. It's made out of rubber or something but we did see one where it had broken in half. This would be about $200 or so and it really does look nice, but would it hold up to the weed eater, the mower and the weather?
This is an even cheaper option, much like above it is a rubberized material with a mowing lip which I like, and you stake it in the ground as well. It would be around $140 or so but again, can it hold up to a mower, weed eater and weather?
I guess it's one of those things, you pay $500 to do it once and concrete will last forever, or you pay for something temporary that you know will need to be replaced in a few years.
Anyone have experience with either??




I actually really like the concrete! When I first saw your title I wasn't sure how to picture it but it looks so pretty! People can do amazing things with concrete (have you ever seen stamped concrete patios? They're seriously beautiful).
ReplyDeleteI think we're going to some stone edging along our garden. They're having a sale right now at lowes (20% off retaining walls, patio stones, edgers, and fire pit kits) for memorial day!