Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Patio standing water

This is the situation.  We put a hose on it.  He said he forgot and did not show.  And made it sound like there isn't anything they would do anyway.  He is supposed to come see it tomorrow.  
I went through my manual and read #4.  It doesn't say anything anywhere about water up against the house though.  To me that is different than just standing water.
I'm sure he's going to try and weasel out of it like he has on other issues.  It's almost like this comes out of his pocket.  None the less, if we deck over this, it will not change what is happening.  I don't like it sitting next to our foundation.  We could have to rip out deck up to fix a foundation problem later!

What would you do?

2 comments:

  1. If RH doesn't fix the issue, how about something like this as a way of trying to at least reduce the amount of water that makes it onto the patio?

    http://tuftexpanel.com/products/deckdrain-drainage-system.shtml

    ReplyDelete
  2. They need to fix this, I'd say they'd have to tear it all out and start over, because leveling it would not direct water away from the house, it would need a complete redo... stay on them though! Call the corporate office and raise hell if they try and jerk you around.

    ReplyDelete