Friday, September 4, 2015

Patio update

This has gone much smoother than I imagined.  They came out and looked at it, and said they will talk to the concrete guy to see what can be done.

Not the typical "it is what it is and we aren't doing anything about it" answer.  I went through my entire Ryan handbook and everything in there is very vague as to what is covered.  I really think the issue here is that the water gathers right up against our foundation.  I always hated that because we had a rug there that was constantly wet and would never fully dry because of that puddle.  Our concrete is super rough and nasty which is why we want to just deck over it completely.  But knowing there is a spot that collects water is a little concerning if we are going to spend so much on a beautiful deck.  Who knows.

They are coming next week with the concrete guy to see what can be done.  I'm thinking they will either have to completely re-do it?  I don't think you can lay concrete on concrete?  But I'm curious if they will say "since you are putting a deck on it, we'll just fill it with concrete"...

I don't know.  I just want to keep water away from my foundation!

No comments:

Post a Comment