then to get the call that she forgot to add the window and send another final change order with a $495 increase...
ugh.
I'm hoping everything is right because I really do not want to go one penny more. Thank goodness for low interest rates!
I did ask her again about the whole delay and she explained it again. I guess the city only allows so many permits at once, so they are the ones that are holding it up. It normally takes about 2 weeks to get the permits, assuming the city is releasing enough to get our name in there. If they don't release enough and we don't get put in there, then it delays it another week or two. She did say that the PM has a meeting every Tuesday and he always knows one week in advance who will be getting permits so he can schedule the crew for foundation, so he should know this week if we will be started next week (2 weeks behind original date). We are really hoping we get started but in the meantime we have a lot of saving to do so the longer it takes the better I suppose.
This is the second new build we have done and man, you don't realize all that a new house needs! First off, blinds or window coverings. I actually think I plan to do some sort of roman shade or cornices downstairs and leave my big bright windows blinds-free. We'll see though, none-the-less it is an immediate expense. Another biggie is some sort of fence. We have a little Shorty Bull (miniature bulldog) and she doesn't try to escape or anything but it will be oh-so-nice to let her out in the morning and not have to watch her.
Anyone put in a fence recently? I'm curious as to the pricing for vinyl 4 foot fencing. Or 4 foot picket. We have the super HUGE .18 acre (lol). I think it's 7,800 sq ft or something.
For now I leave you with a pic of our little bulldog! She can't wait for the new house! :)
And we wait for those permits and our official start date!

What a cutie patootie!!
ReplyDeleteWe received a quote but my husband did the leg work on this one so I am not sure of the specifics; however, I will get back to you.
Just found your blog! We are building in travelers rest, SC (not with ryan, with another builder). Sounds like you are close to where we are! On our fence on our last house... Our lot was .23 acres. Mostly backyard and the fence was a 6' wooden and it cost around $1800. A 4' would be less I would suppose!
ReplyDelete