The leak is back. They already have come out twice to fix it, and the second time they redid all the flashing and shingles on the morning room and it still leaked. They are coming back out tomorrow morning to see what's going on.
Getting Internet here has been a real pain. We previously had charter and they have 30mbps for $29.95. Well they hadn't set up yet on my street. The only choice was AT&T for 12mbps at $39 or $49. Whatever it was it was slower and more expensive. Well I go to school full time online so I need Internet like nobody's business so I set up with AT&T on July 31 and my install date was Aug 28! Almost a month with no Internet???
I called them back and they had a cancellation for Aug 13 so I took it. But was calling charter every single day and putting my address in on their website constantly. Finally yesterday I called and they said service had just been set up that day and I was able to get it installed on Friday. Whew! 5 more days. I'm dying without it!! And my homework is piling up!
I guess they wouldn't set up service out here until several houses had been built. #6 is going up now but there are 19 lots on our street. It's definitely going to get irritating with all the noise and cars and loud music they play while working but I'm thankful that we really have the cul de sac to ourselves right now :)
The neighborhood is wonderful. We have met several neighbors and several stalkers lol that are checking out their lots as they await construction.
Other than the leak, I am more than satisfied with the quality of my home. I feel that my PM did a top notch job. The only issue I have noticed is our hardwoods have some scratches and nicks and even though they are engineered, they are still somewhat delicate and we will need to keep some stain on hand to touch up those areas. There is a big scratch by our slider that they tried to touch up but the didn't just get the stain in the crack, its all around it. Not sure if it's that big of a deal to me yet to have them replace those boards as it seems like we will be touching up a lot ourselves. I guess it's just more obvious with a dark wood.
One thing I love is the endless hot water and even more than that is the A/C vent on the ceiling that perfectly blows cold air on my face while I'm in a hot shower! It's seriously awesome. One of my favorite things. It's the small things folks, lol.
I can't wait to get to use my fireplace but for now we are just enjoying summer and my hubs is currently building me a built in entertainment system so I will definitely post pics of that when he's done!
One word of advice is I would continue to test out your fireplace over the next few months just to make sure it works. We have been having issues. It always ends up lighting but we hear constantly clicking for the first minute or two when it goes on.
ReplyDeleteSorry about the leak and the internet. I started looking this weekend since we move in a couple weeks. Maybe I should start booking them now. I work from home and need the internet to pay my bills.
ReplyDeleteSorry about the leak, hopefully its get fixed soon. Good to hear that you are enjoying your house! Can't wait to see the entertainment center. Fun diy projects huh?! :-)
ReplyDeleteGood luck with the internet service!
I'm glad they are diligently trying to get that leak fixed! Hopefully they'll find the root of the problem! Glad you are loving your new home!!
ReplyDelete