Sunday, September 22, 2013

squeaky stairs and leak again

So, the morning room leak has been a nightmare, as I previously posted...simply because they have come to repair it or look at it 4-5 times now and it's just starting to really interrupt my life in a way that I don't enjoy.  After the last fix, it was done.  But it also hadn't rained.

It rained pretty hard yesterday and this morning we saw a bubble.  We poked it and it wasn't wet or filled with water but where the heck did it come from?  We pulled down the piece of drywall bubble and it wasn't moist...but I took a picture and off to the PM it went.  He's going to be super bummed I'm sure because after the last fix, it was supposedly done.  Not sure if it was a water leak but none the less...I get to deal with yet another drywall repair.

On top of that, we have about 6 stairs that creak, squeak or crack.  They fixed one that was worse than the others during the last drywall repair, but there are more.  When coming down the stairs, the last 6 stairs make sounds.  I emailed him about it and also made mention that I'm tired of scheduling workers to come here so I was happy to wait until the 10 month inspection.  But now, if they have to come fix my drywall AGAIN, they will be fixing ALL of the stairs that make noise.  As well as one spot near our bed that creaks.

I know this is all normal with a new home that is settling but I really didn't expect so many different repairs.

Oh yeah and last week they were here fixing my garbage disposal because I found a screw in it and it sounded loose or something.  Turns out it was just a screw from construction that somehow got lodged in one side of the disposal and it was seized up, until one day when it came loose and I found it.  It works fine now but it was just another day where I had to be here to meet someone to deal with something.

I will say they always come on time, they are here fast, they are professional, clean up after themselves, and stay out of my way.  I have no complaints with RH's customer service or anything.  I'm just tired of them being here so much, particularly for the SAME problem of our morning room leak.

I really hope this was just a fluke but I am not sure why there would be no bubble for a week or more, then it rains, and then there is a bubble (even if it's not wet at the time we found it).


4 comments:

  1. Noooo!!! It's prob a small leak still and that's so disappointing :( your patience is definitely being tested. Hopefully your pm will be on it as he has been before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know how pissed you are, having to fix something over and over again!!

    What did they do about the stairs?

    I just got my ten month letter and sent in my list, and on that list is cracking stairs and a place in my bedroom too?

    How do they fix the cracky?? I am guessing more screws??

    thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh so sorry, you are having to deal with all this. I'm getting irritated for small things (30-day type things) I'm finding...I can only imagine how frustrating it might be for you. I really hope it gets better! Good you know that their Customer service isn't too bad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just FYI it may not be any better with the 10 month inspection. Our 10 month inspection was a joke. The RH guy came and looked at everything but told us we should have put in service requests for everything. Then he schedules some of the contractors, but of course for all different days, which was super annoying since my husband and I both work. So then he told us just to contact the contractors ourselves. We're still trying to get all of our 10 month inspection stuff fixed, but we have to handle it ourselves through service requests because our RH guy didn't follow up on anything for us.

    I hope your leak is actually fixed this time!! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete