Monday, October 21, 2013

Cracked and now peeling

The GE guy swore up and down that it was a scratch.   But this new one popped up yesterday.   Cracked and peeling.  People who have this microwave, pay close attention to your handle.

Our new door came and this one is not dented.   I'm curious if they changed the handle because of this issue. It's so hard to tell but the new handle does not look like it has a sticker.   It looks like a brushed nickel plastic versus a plastic handle with chrome sticker if that makes sense.  

3 comments:

  1. I am going to keep an eye on my handle. This is so disappointing. This was the top of the line microwave choice when we purchased. I would expect to have a metal handle, just as my Samsung refrigerator has a metal handle. I would have never known, if it wasn't for your post. I should check my dishwasher also.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes this was the top of the line. They told me they could not do a metal handle due to the super hot cooktop below so plastic was the only option. But trust me, even that plastic gets crazy hot and I have to use a pot holder to open it if I've got something cooking below. My dishwasher handle is definitely metal.

      Delete
  2. Do you have gas or electric? They told us that we could not get a gas cooktop below the microwave, so we opted for an electric cooktop. Our service manager said that they install gas under the cooktops now. They just have to place the microwaves higher.

    ReplyDelete