So today, I decided to stop by the model and see what new things they are offering.
Yes, the maple Espresso have changed and boy do I love them. I reallllllllllly wish I had them in my bathrooms but oh well.
But the kicker was this...
So I have the Maple Butterscotch cabinets, which I love but I had seen on some blogs that you can get Maple Hazelnut. I was told no 10 times until Sunday on being able to do it. I was not allowed to get them even through a non-standard. NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO
So today when I saw the cabinet selections, I saw our maple butterscotch, AND the maple hazelnut...I was super annoyed! I mean seriously!
I am not by any means unhappy with my kitchen but I just really love the depth that the hazelnut has with the rich chocolate instead of the yellowish butterscotch.
OH WELL!
She did make me feel better to know that the prices on all the upgrades have been going up every 2 weeks and the base model is now starting at $11k more so I'm thinking we have about $20k in equity which isn't too shabby! Doesn't matter though, I'm not moving :) Also, they are going to be building a new model and starting to sell phase 3 within 9 months!


ugh! I'm cringing I'm so mad they have these options now! lol but I am happy that we also have about 20k in equity, so I guess it works out. I wanted that shaker style with the modern handles but it "wasn't an option" grrrr you RH!!
ReplyDeleteRachel, you have to check out the FESTIVAL of homes in our area, they do it a couple times a year where you can go see all the communities in new construction and neb around...LOL....we did it last sunday it was advertised and boy are there a lot of nice homes out there and builders I never knew existing...........One in particular called Alti Piano, it is a the top of Southpoint and wow are those homes gorgeous on the outside, BUT inside they still dont compare to our RH homes, like I said the outside of them has great detail, all brick......but get inside and im not impressed and these are $600,000 homes...so that made us feel better, we got the walk through about 9 homes up there, and some Ryan and Heartland Homes and Eddy Homes and these things called "patio" homes now for the empty nesters...LOL...But ill have to let you now the next time they do the FESTIVAL of homes, we didnt get to do all of them its only 12-5 and covers north south east and west, so we picked to ones closest to us....it was interesting and I was hoping to get some ideas............One home that blew me about was these new Diamond Series Heartland Homes...wow in Chadwick Estates in Peters..........blew away RH!! But since they are sister companies now...
DeleteIt was a fun day;
Those espresso cabinets are pretty. The maple hazelnut glazed cabinets werent an option when we signed our contract, they added them to the options about 1 week before we had to make our final selections. So I got lucky with that.
ReplyDeleteThis is one of the most annoying thing that I experienced during our build. When they built the new model, Rome--they added a host of new brick options, five new cabinet options, orb hardware throughout. I was so pissed because, I wanted to have the maple hazelnut too AND the orb bronze package. I am so disgusted. Now I have to do it myself. I do like the maple butterscotch which I have; however, the undertone of the hazelnut would have been a better option with the espresso island that I have in my kitchen. It turned out that the St. Cecilia granite had light streaks of gold which brings out the butterscotch and the kitchen looks great. So I could have gone with either option. I never put in the custom request to get them which I could have because I had to put in a custom request for the Rushmore Espresso Cabinets because I did not under any circumstances want the Scottsdale Espresso. For those who want a modern kitchen, the Sonoma Espresso cabinets are beautiful. Speaking of equity, the base model of our home was $379K and now the Rome base price is $445--not bad, not bad at all.
ReplyDeleteI walked through a new Ryan townhouse model a few days ago that had the new espresso cabinets with large handles. It gives the kitchen a very modern and contemporary look. I have the hazelnut cabinets, but I am having a really hard time finding hardware that looks good with them.
ReplyDeleteAre you into oil rubbed bronze or brushed nickel? We went with the gray countertops so we did brushed nickel and I love the combo. But then again, I've never been one for oil rubbed bronze.
DeleteI had every intention of going with brushed nickel. I had even ordered over $300 of non-refundable brushed nickel handles (pulls) tat I saw in a Richmond Homes model, but it does not look right with my cabinets. Richmond Homes had a better looking cabinet with a lot of detail. I might go with a small oil rubbed bronze birdcage knob to tie into the brown in the granite. I just don't want to start drilling into my cabinets and change my mind!
DeleteThis is the very bad think about continuing blogging POST build...LOL..you get to see all the new options out there and get so damn MAD, I have the espresso cabinets and LOVE the new style ......seriuosly, a much better choice for us, but ahhhh was not an option at the time, they have also since changed out all the lighting and they are also more modern....we got the bronzed lighting in dining room and now there is a different bronzed silver version looks 100% x better for us. But all things must change, I understand, and there is always going to be something better out there that we like :(.... Everyday though I wish I would have gotten the butterscotch cabinets that were an option, my espresso are relentless to clean!!! But when you sit down at that damn table and start staking up the totals its scares the crap out of you, and you HAVE to stop somewhere!!!
ReplyDeleteMy home base price WAS $260, it is now $310 for the next phase!!
Do you have handles on them? My neighbor has the butterscotch with no handles and she said they are dirty all the time (because she has to grab them with her hands) but we have no issue with ours because we have big Ikea handles. And we have a kid too :)
DeleteI have the butterscotch and finding handles is a chore. I did not want the standard handles--too standard. lol However, I am trying to get this handled because opening up the cabinets without the handles are creating bruised fingers. Wiping down the cabinets is just like cleaning the table after dinner for me. Anything in your house that you want to preserve it's luster must be cleaned regularly. I am getting closer to making a selection on the handles. At first, I was going with the brushed nickel but my floors are espresso and the contrast looks great.
DeleteIt's definitely tough to see the new options, especially if it was something you wanted. We were given the option for both cabinets in your post but chose something entirely different based on past experiences. In the past I had very light cabinets - and they showed everything. In the past I also had very very dark cabinets, which also showed everything. Every spill, or dog slobber/hair/etc. Didn't have kids back then, but do now. So we chose a middle ground in hopes it will hide *Some* of the hand prints, dirt, food, etc. from the kiddos.
ReplyDeleteOne of the options that is now offered as an Inclusion for the Heartland diamond series - is hardwood flooring. We had to upgrade for that, and it's gorgeous & it was pricey but worth it! In 10-15 years you could always remodel the kitchen yourself if you really felt strongly enough. :-)
I'm with Nadase on this one! The Rome has so many new options i'm PEEVED!! But with the equity I won't b*tch too much :)
ReplyDeleteYES! PEEVED! And trying to look on the bright side of things too. Ugghh! Every time I wake up and look up in the ceiling I sure wish the tray ceiling was available. We have so much s*it in our ceilings that I am not sure if they could pull off the tray ceilings without having to tear out drywall. I am too through--still in recovery on this one. I have been putting off the post for a while. I think it's time to blog about it.
Delete