Thursday, January 9, 2014

Would this irritate you?

So the house next to me has been going up and yesterday it got siding and shutters.

The first pic is coming down the street.  My house is barely visible in between.

The one to the left of me is a Rome and the one to the right is a Milan but they have the same level of elevation meaning plain and no porch so they look so similar!

I don't care about that but why are they allowed to have the same siding and shutter combo??

Nothing like making the street look "cookie cutter".

I'm sure nothing can be done but I am going to ask the sales office anyways.  At least for any future homes that go in our cul de sac.

5 comments:

  1. In our community they won't allow the same colors or elevation on side-by-side houses, but as long as there's a house in between they allow it. Not sure if it's the same for yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ours is the same as Collete's. We have a similar situation in that on our Main Street, we have two Veronas ( one A and one B) separated by one house of another floor plan. Both Veronas have the exact same color scheme. There are also only those three houses on that stretch of road. I think it looks awful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We supposedly have the same deal; however, we have a few Jefferson Squares that are almost identical, some that are identical, VERY close to each other (across the street) and a few of the same Victoria Falls elevations near each other. I think it looks really weird and I don't really like it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. my home, a Rome is next to Milan's on both sides of me and all three of us have the same brick front flat elevation. it looks quite odd compared to the other houses in my cul-de-sac and street. i actually think Ryan have homes that people don't want AND the size of the lots are really weird so people can only select certain models in those lots. i'm not particularly happy with how our end is shaping up but it's not like i'm moving. i just focus on the INSIDE of my house lol...what else can u do

    ReplyDelete
  5. Our community is very cookie cutter, but we knew that going into it. Being 10 min from downtown Pittsburgh, you have to sacrifice some things I suppose. But I think in our neighborhood, the lots are very narrow... VERY narrow, and most can only fit the sienna on it, so there are a TON of those towards my end, and It does irritate me a bit, most people went for the bare bones basic facades so there isn't a lot of variation. But we still have more empty lots and I'm hoping once everything is complete it will look nice. Our culdesac has the most variety would say, we have 2 cottage elevations (plus my semi-cottage elevation L on our Venice) and so far... we are the ONLY Venice L in the neighborhood! Which I find hard to believe b/c it is the most affordable elevation that is NOT all siding, and it's totally cute! But maybe that's just my opinion??

    ReplyDelete