Wednesday, September 10, 2014

New home ;)

So things around here house-wise have been going really great, and we have slowed down on having any projects to do.  We decided it would be a great time to venture out and buy something we have always wanted...

A little pop up camper!  This area is great to camp in and we can even go down and camp at the beach year round.  We tent camped last year and it was miserable...none of of slept good and couldn't even hang 2 nights...but we walked by a nice couple with a little popup and asked them about it.  It was an 8 ft box which is perfect for our little family of 3.

We looked around and found this adorable little one not far from us.  I loved the navy blue so much, so many of them seem to be green.




It's definitely nice and cozy, full size bed on one end, twin on the other (maybe a little bigger but not much).  The dinette also folds to a bed if we needed the extra room.

We bought it and met the seller at Walmart which was perfect, because after we attached it to our truck, we went in walmart and got most everything we needed to give it a little "flair".  Here are some before pics:

Again, I loved the Navy so much!  This is the twin bed

Sink/fridge

Full size bed, sink and storage cabinet.
It came with a fancier stove, with a little toaster oven.  I'll take what I can get.  You will notice the white linoleum, wood grain cabinets and gold handles.  Blah.


After, tada!  Had to take multiple pics to get everything so I hope you can envision it :)  We painted the cabinets white, with black handles.  We painted the kitchen table a gray countertop paint, but I'm not sure I totally love it because everything else is a little more on the taupe side, so we haven't done the rest of the countertops yet until we decide.  This is looking at the full size bed.

 Looking down to twin size bed.  

I purchased bedding just for the camper, we all know it's no fun dragging in and out your own bedding that smells like campfires.  This way I can wash it and put it back in, ready for the next trip.  Comforters $17 at Walmart, sheets $17 at walmart and chevron pillow $8 at walmart.  That's a steal!!

Adorable rug which I think makes the whole thing more modern.  We laid wood vinyl strips to cover up that ugly linoleum.  It looks pretty and took only 14 strips at $2 a pop!

We bought a storage rack to keep essentials (because we all know the storage capacity is not NOT there in pop-ups)

 Another view of the full size.  I brought in a little lamp, a fan and a bin to keep fresh towels.
I had make it mine with an "R" :)

View from the door.  A little trouble with the paint here...the sink flips over and we had to put some felt pads to keep the paint from sticking...lovely semi gloss

Another view looking at the twin bed

One last pic, I love it so much!  I had originally thought I'd go a completely different way with the colors but anything else just looked too bright and wild and I would have had to reupholster the cushions which A. I don't have a sewing machine and B. I just didn't want to do it.  So, I tried to keep with the colors but make it more modern.  

Can't wait to take it out this weekend and try it out!  Some memory foam pads may be in our future ;)

4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness you all did a wonderful job! It looks phenomenol and it's so adorable!!!! I really want a smaller camper of some sort and you're steering me in the right direction! Hope you all have a wonderful time this weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is amazing! We have been stalking used pop ups and I never would of thought to pain the cabinets or put down faux wood vinyl! You are a genius, this is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the most adorable camper I've ever seen! Now I want one and we don't even camp! Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha... that's awesome! And as usual you did an amazing job decorating it!

    ReplyDelete