Wednesday, September 28, 2016

My sons room

I decided to get a dark color because I have never painted with a dark color.  Now I know why.  Even in super paint, it took 4 coats to get this completely completely solid looking on the wall.  So I used it sparingly lol.

I used it first downstairs above my mantel which required a ladder and after 2 coats I got pretty tired of having to do this.  This was my first lesson and why I used it sparingly.  But oh how I love it!!

I used the other part of it in my son's room.  I love it.  LOVE.  But man, it took like 4 coats!!  We decided to do a pirate theme mainly because of his bathroom.


I was not a fan of the floor in this jack and jill bathroom.  It is an L shape so you walk in from the hallway from my son's room and at the shower it cuts right and connects to the additional bedroom (which I'm using as my office space).
My mother in law suggested a pirate theme which would make the floor work until we were able to change it later and I actually really love it!
I think my favorite is the shower curtain.  I got this from Ikea for $9.99.  Here is a close up.


He loves his room and I love it because at our other homes, his bathroom has always been the guest bathroom too so I have never wanted it to be decorated like a kid's bathroom.  I think this is fun cause it's his space :)


No comments:

Post a Comment