So our house was built in mid-2000's. The style was very traditional I'd say and not me at all. I never imagined how hard it would be to shop for a house when it was already someone else's. Building a brand new house makes it a blank slate but seeing past other people's taste proved to be harder!
So as you walk in, it was a goldish mustard yellow. Not terrible, just not me.
The living room area was a light yellow. To me, it just was a dirty white that again wasn't me.
The kitchen had cherry cabinets which was totally NOT ME.
But at the end of the day, it has the BEST floor plan. The master is on the main, at one end of the house. There is a guest with a bathroom at the other end of the main floor. Then there are two bedrooms upstairs with a bonus. And we have a 1600 sq ft basement (aka man floor).
Here is my first post of the transformation that was made.
So I of course love that cooler palate. I chose Sherwin Williams Lazy gray in their super paint. That stuff is expensive but it is WORTH IT. One coat and two 5 gallon buckets did the whole house and we still have a few gallons left. (Side note. The house is about 2800 sq ft. I got a paint quote and it was over $5000!!! We did it ourselves for about $500. It did get a little sketchy on that two story foyer but we did it!)
I just love how we can see up there!
Now, back to that kitchen. Remember the cherry?
I thought for a second it would be fun to paint these myself. FOR A SECOND. Then I found a girl on FB that does this for a living. And I don't regret hiring her for a second. This is hard work people!
What a difference right?? We also painted the same wall paint on the yellow tile backsplash!
I love it for a million and one reasons but one of the biggest is that I really was not a fan of the granite. It is tan brown:
With the cherry cabinets, it totally pulled out all the red tones, blah!! But by painting the cabinets, it really toned that out!
I also spray painted all the hardware oil rubbed bronze. The cabinet color is BM Swiss Coffee with a gray/brown glaze only in the creases. The swiss coffee leans a tad more cool than say SW Creamy.
So far, I am beyond in love with my home. More pics to come!














Beautiful!!! What a difference paint can make.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful updates!
ReplyDeleteThe cabinets look fantastic. I kinda want to stain mine darker.
ReplyDelete