I am not sure who is to blame here. They are still waiting on the updated appraisal, which in turn has to update our loan documents because having a vented fireplace is apparently THAT big of a deal. We are supposed to pick up the Uhaul at 4...I was told I would have an answer by then if it's actually going to happen tomorrow.
This may be the fault of my lender and I even said "you guys have had more than 45 days to do this loan...how is this happening???"
Once the appraisal is in and updated, we will have an approval within 20-30 min of that but that all needs to happen by no later than probably 3 or 4 pm to ensure we can close.
I started crying on the phone to my lender. He said he was doing all he could do and they were working to try and get it done.
I know a few days late isn't much in the grand scheme of things...but considering we moved our family down to a new area several states away with no family and friends around, and lived in less than ideal conditions for 4.5 months (2 months delay thanks to the VA and RH), it is just so so so so upsetting to think this could be delayed any longer over a paperwork situation.
Sad face.
Will update when I get the official "yes" or "no".
I'm sorry this is happening. I don't understand how they let things like this slip. I really hope they get all the info back in time.
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry about all this. I'm still hoping for the best.
ReplyDeleteKeep us posted!
:( I'm sensitive to the whole appraisal thing b/c ours took forever (different situation than you, so don't let that freak you out!!) I really hope yours comes in today, I can't imagine having to wait more!
ReplyDeleteFingers crossed for you
ReplyDeleteUgh. I am so sorry. I know the one thing Ryan Homes said about going with an outside lender is that some things NVR already know because they use their own appraisers so they can get away with things not being completely in. Rather than with our outside people they have no idea what the lot and things can appraise for. Just think....you got a better rate though and everything will work out!!! Fingers crossed for you and little prayers headed your way.
ReplyDeleteI'm praying for you!
ReplyDeleteGeesh!! I don't know your name--but anyway....
ReplyDeleteDear New Homeowner,
I feel your tears
I feel your fears
Just know any moment
you will hear cheers.
Sincerely,
Nadase
P.S. They may have been a little corny...just hopes it puts a smile on your face. I urge you take the stress you feeling (TRUST ME I HAVE BEEN HERE) and do something FUN that you enjoy to redirect it because you are going to need your strength for moving etc etc. It's funny how long we wait and wait and than when it's time to move in--we have HUGE amounts of work to do. So get ready, get ready. If you are already packed, go have some FUN do one of your favorite things.
This will all be a bad dream so soon. I understand waiting, we have been living with my unpleasant in-laws for a year and I have cried myself to sleep when we were delayed and we have had many delays. Once you move you will be so busy loving your house that this will be a small blip and a fleeting memory. Good luck with the appraisal.
ReplyDeleteUgh! I hope they figure this out quickly! I absolutely hate being at the mercy of RH and the bank throughout this entire thing! Good luck!
ReplyDelete