After many different tries, we finally found a solution to our shower caddy debacle. We picked up a pack of these drywall hooks which hold 35 lbs each. We inserted it through the grout and sealed it. It is solid! And super simple and would be easy to remove and re-grout should we ever need or want to. I finally love my shower again!
The other issue in our bathroom was the Window. It was just a regular Window so anyone could see right in! I looked for curtains that length and was unsuccessful. I don't have a sewing machine so I didn't want to do anything complicated. We had a blackout curtain pinned up but I missed the bright morning light. Even if I did do a curtain, I would have to get in the tub to open/close the curtains.
So we went to lowes and found a film that adheres to the Window but it was like $40 and we only had this one small Window to do. We asked around and it led us to a bottle of frosted spray. It was just what we were looking for and unbeatable for $5! Now I get my light without showing everyone my business. Win-win!
What little projects have you done to make your home fit your needs?
yay! glad you found a fix!
ReplyDeleteAwesome!!!
ReplyDeleteAwesome! The frosted spray is a great idea..
ReplyDeleteWe will definitely have to do something about the windows above the master bath tub too.
We had the same issue with window into the bathroom.. How stupid of Ryan Homes not to make those bathroom windows obscure/frosted.. That's a no brainer.. We looked into the spray but read that washes out with the water, so we opted for this cheap sticky frost film from Amazon for about $6 and it is absolutely fantastic.. We covered only the bottom half of each bathroom window and left the top half clear. Kittrich also makes a couple of other designs for the same price..
ReplyDeletehttp://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0072YKLQK
Wow, I love this little solutions, They make a huge difference! Thanks guys for posting and commenting!
ReplyDeleteGreat idea with the frosting spray! I'm stealing that.
ReplyDelete