Wednesday, October 16, 2013

more drama

So GE came today to replace my microwave door, but guess what?  It had a big ol' dent on it.  I didn't notice because it was covered in a plastic thing...

The guy almost made me feel bad for rejecting it, telling me if I didn't want it, it would be scrapped.  Um...so?  Sir, do you know how much money we spent on these???

So he's ordering us a another new door.  And he's coming back again next week.  Seriously, I'm ready for all this to be done!!

Besides getting this guy back to do the microwave, Rite Rug is coming in to do my listello and carpet pad...I cancelled my PM for Friday who was supposed to come and fix our morning room drywall again because they didn't let it dry long enough and it has bubbled in areas...I couldn't take anymore so I just told him I want this put off until our 10 month drywall repair!

I'm glad we have this warranty period for things to get fixed.  But I'm ready for a dang break!!

5 comments:

  1. So frustrating! I hope you get to enjoy your home and everything in it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honestly, I can't believe how positive you are through out all of this! I wouldn't be so gracious... but I understand that things do go wrong, but we haven't had much of anything other than the usual suspects since we moved in. But every time I read your blog, I look around our own house, checking the morning room every time it rains! I'm super paranoid now! lol but seriously, props to you for keeping your head up and still being able to enjoy you lovely new home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really hate when these contractors/tradesmen act like 'it's good enough' is right for the customer. I mean, would they want to be short changed on their purchases (like buying a new car with a dent in the door)?!?! I hope they get your issues resolved soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Uggghh!! What a pain in the a**! Curious...was it the brushed nickel or the plastic was covering it to distort the color. I hate to think that if something were to happen to our microvave that they send us brushed nickel instead of the chrome handle. It works better with the fridge and other GE appliances.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it was definitely a brushed nickel. Yes they have replaced the chrome with the brushed nickel for the door. As long as you don't have issues with yours you shouldn't have to have it replaced. Ours was scratched not cracked, due to negligence from whoever installed it. Nothing in our kitchen is chrome so I think it stuck out. I like the nickel better for our kitchen.

      Delete