LOVES
1. my low low electric bill. I mean seriously.
2. my low gas bill. Let's just say I love the energy efficiency of my home in general!
3. my kitchen. it definitely has the wow factor and wows me every time I come down the stairs in the morning lol
4. my fireplace. worth every penny. I love flipping a switch and it's on, and flipping a switch and it's off. We originally wanted a wood burning, but since they aren't energy efficient it wasn't allowed. I'm so glad that we have a gas one because my husband doesn't have to chop wood or use kindling or anything, if he's not home...I flip the switch and boom. Ambiance!
5. Endless hot water. This is just awesome. The tankless water heater goes back up with the energy efficiency but I am so happy we have this. I can take the hottest, fullest bath instead of running out of hot water before the tub is full. And when guests come over, there is never a worry that we won't all be able to get showers. And I can do endless laundry. And dishes. Seriously love this!
6. Morning room. We love eating dinner and talking about our day while the sun sets in view.
7. Neighbors! We hit the jackpot here. We had a party and invited everyone we've met so far and had a blast. It is amazing how different it feels to own a home versus rent a home. I definitely WANT to know who I'm living around.
8. Hardwood on the entire bottom floor. Haven't once regretted spending this money on an upgrade. They are a wow factor and it would be so easy for me to just replace a rug here and there.
DON'T LOVE
6. Water bill! This bill was a shocker and we haven't even watered our lawn the entire time we have been here thanks to some rain. I have lightly watered our landscaping maybe 5 times. But this bill is on average $80 per month which is higher than the electric was last month. So even though we have endless hot water...we are definitely paying for it lol.
7. Energy efficient light bulbs...I know they save money but they take some time to warm up and are dim until they do. However, I am happy to leave these for the sake of the electric bill!
8. Garage size...I wish they somehow could have added a cut out so we would have a place for a tool bench. It's pretty tight and we have already started talking about how we could do some sort of a shed (but our HOA only allows it if it perfectly matches the house with siding and the same roofing.)
9. Construction going on around us...but that's the name of the game.
In other news, Rite Rug called me and said they were unhappy with the tiny little square tile that the tile guys put in instead of doing their job right and digging out a tile so they could put a solid one...so they are sending out a guy (a different one than the one who did the square one) next week to fix. I'm so happy about this because I didn't want to make a big deal about it because the tile guy already made me aware that he "loses money every time he has to come out" and then he made me sign off on the work when I really couldn't see it because there was broken glass all over the floor and a mess from him busting out the old tile. This is the very last repair that we are having until our 10 month inspection.
We basically agree on all those points we share (we don't have any hardwood except stairs, for example). Garages could totally be larger. I was working on a post about that just today. The neighbors, one must say, are the best aspect of the whole thing. We have wonderful neighbors all around, and they all have kids close in age to ours, and everyone is just nice and wonderful. I would trade half the house just to have such good neighbors.
ReplyDeleteMy attached shed would not pass your HOA? Hmm ours matches perfectly!!
ReplyDeleteIm impressed with you dont love list....Mine is a little longer, to my own demise of course.
More windows, a bay window!! Better carpeting, should have snuck in to insulate....everything...LOL!! I can hear everyone PEE throughout the house.LOL
This comment has been removed by the author.
DeleteWe watered our lawn EVERY DAY for the past month and now I'm terrified to see the water bill when it gets here. You are inspiring me to shorten my loooooong showers. lol
ReplyDeleteOn another note, we lived in MO before we came to PA and we watered our lawn daily for about an hour a day during hot MO summer months and It only cost us about $10 extra a month. I pray it will be the same here in PA.