My loan officer called yesterday. Turns out RH spent all week scrambling to gather a list of things needed for the VA appraisal before it could be ordered. The SR had wrong information again.
We have to drop off a check Monday and the appraisal will go out Monday.
Here's the fun part...the VA has 19 days to do the appraisal.
So...yeah. I knew going with the VA would have hiccups but whatever. I am now looking at the bright side...more $ to save up for new furniture for my house.
And I am praying we close by the latest, mid-August when my son starts preschool.
I guess the VA changed things for 2013 which is why there is so much confusion and back and forth...no one had dealt with the VA yet on these new procedures. Lucky us to be the first and throw everyone off kilter!
The only other option is to go FHA which we don't want to do because we would lose our 3.5% down payment to the mortgage which we want back to furnish the house.
Blah.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
Fingers crossed that you get your premier VI package!!! We have it in our home and it is HOTT!! You are going to LOVE IT!!
ReplyDeleteBtw we were in underwriting for 6 months!! My husband just chose to wait until Friday to check in with our LO to reduce the stress of calling everyday! I truly learned the art of patience. :-/
Yes we got the VI package! I can't wait for those appliances! Glad you love them too!!
Delete6 months?? UGH! I will be so upset! They tell me this is the last "issue" before we can start construction, but I doubt this will be the last issue in general!
I hope your appraisal doesn't take the full 19 days a lot of VA appraisals I work with get done before the 15th day. Fingers crossed for you.
ReplyDeleteOh I am hoping we get a fast one!
DeleteI am a little confused about this...we are doing a VA loan also, but I thought the appraisal was AFTER the house was built, not before?? SR or LO hasn't said anything about this to us...can you give me more info? Our start date for construction is June 3, so I don't want to have to wait until then to find this out :(
ReplyDeleteThanks!
http://buildingourabode.blogspot.com