Ok so this house suddenly looks smaller with drywall too! It's 2112 sq ft which is the second biggest house we have owned but I was second guessing myself today because it looked smaller! Anyone else have this?
And yes we are closing Aug 2, Friday. We were supposed to close Aug 5 which is a Monday, and 3 business days after the pre-settlement walk through but we requested to close on the 2nd so we can move in over the weekend. The PM approved it but did say if there was anything I wanted fixed at the pre-settlement walk through and he couldn't get a contractor in within those 2 days, I would need to let them in after closing which I said was fine. Because my husband just started a new job, he wasn't comfortable taking Mon-Wednesday off to move so this way we will be in over a weekend. Woo hoo!



That is so exciting that your drywall is going up! It makes me sad though because we started the same time, and there is barely any progress going on with me :( Haven't have my pre-drywall yet.
ReplyDeleteAs far as second guessing, I am sure we have ALL second guessed something about this process along the way - your house will be amazing!!!
That is awesome. Everything I have read says the house appears smaller again for a bit until they start putting in the baseboards, cabinets, etc. Nice that they are letting you close early.
ReplyDeleteI felt the same way! Once your flooring goes in you will see the size again :-)
ReplyDeleteIt seems like it goes a little more slowly at this point but really it all flies by..Once they do some coats you will see your trim go up and then cabinets and all the fun stuff!!
Our drywall took about a week! Seemed forever but now we are moving and shaking!
ReplyDeleteOh yes, our house looked much smaller when the drywall went up. Don't worry--it will look big again once the recognizable stuff goes in (the doors, trim, floor, etc.). Looks great! I don't know about it slowing down too much. It seemed to fly by once they started painting.
ReplyDeleteoooo nice! we are a little behind you...we had the drywall meeting but our drywall wouldn't go up until next week I think...
ReplyDeleteI see the fireplace, in the making!! ;-) Its looking great
wow you are moving so fast!! Our foundation was poured a week before yours and we haven't even had a pre-drywall meeting!
ReplyDeleteI forgot to mention it looks GREAT!!!
DeleteI said the same thing about it looking smaller, it does until the flooring is in and all the final touches are done, now I look at our kitchen/living room and think.. holy crap, I'm going to go broke furnishing all this space! I can't imagine what's it's like to live in some of our fellow bloggers homes that are 3000 + sq ft, makes me feel like our little Florences and Venices of the world are bread boxes! lol but trust me, there is MORE than enough space in the Florence and I'm sure you will absolutely love ever square foot of it!
ReplyDelete