We did stop by Lowe's to browse and made our first big purchase!
It is a Samsung french door refrigerator, original price $2599, on sale for $1696!!! We used my husband's military ID to save an additional 10% and it was another $170 off. That was an absolute steal in my opinion! We had budgeted $2000 for a fridge originally so we are ahead...and now I can afford to get other things for my house (like a pretty rug, or some cute chairs for my formal living room/office!).
If anyone wants to see the details, they are here:
I like how the display is touch-glass and it also has a neat energy saver that you can turn on at night and when you go out of town and it saves a ton of energy! We also love the dual ice maker option!
We won't make it over to the house again until Saturday so hopefully something new has happened. There is a house up on the corner that just got shingled...so I imagine we are right behind them. I think they are getting wiring this week, so we should get a roof and wiring next week (hopefully). We are tentatively scheduled for pre-drywall inspection on the 19th.
Oh and I'm getting irritated with my LO at NVR again...I have asked her 3 times for a revised GFE, the third time I told her I was shopping around. She said she would have it to me that day and she didn't. I'm tired of everyone being too busy to give proper customer service. She's gonna lose our business just by simply ignoring us...I really want to see if they can beat my bank. At this point, she's going to have to beat it by a lot because I really, really want to stay with my bank. I love being able to log in and see everything on one page...and I'm pretty sure we will be sold to wells fargo if we go with NVR.
Oh and check out this great post I found about NVR. If you are thinking about shopping around, I definitely would after reading this!

Wow that is a great deal!! Our fridge was our first purchase too!
ReplyDeleteCongrad! Did you ask you PM about special hole in cabinet for water line for this fridge?
ReplyDeleteYep, the PM told me it was installed today!
DeleteThat was a really, really great deal! Well done, Kellie! I love the fridge.
ReplyDelete