When we purchased the fridge, it was this beauty:
Samsung RF263, price $2599 on sale for $1696!
We spent over an hour with the sales guy and he told us all the features, which we were happy with and while the fridge was on sale, we were never led to believe anything other than ours would be new.
So yesterday they deliver it, and well they unload it and I'm looking it over...it's not in a box or a wrap or anything. First red flag. I mention this and they tell me they always remove appliances from the boxes before delivery. They wheel it down to the storage unit, unstrap it and start to put it in my unit and I tell them to stop. There are 3 dents on the front and a big scratch near where they attached the handle. I told them this was not the fridge I wanted, it looked like a floor model. They tell me that if it was on clearance then it probably meant it was a floor model. But it didn't say this on it when we bought it......
I reject it and close up the storage unit and they go to put it back on the truck while calling the manager to inform him of the situation. I told them that I did not know I was buying the floor model with dents...they get my sales guy on the phone who says he told us it was the floor model...flat out LIE! And I left him several messages with other associates...shocking that he never called me back, ha!
Ok so no big deal, the fridge goes back and they say I will be refunded as soon as it gets back. But I'm bummed, that was such a beautiful fridge for an unbeatable price!
Unwilling to settle, I get back on Lowe's website and find that they have the fridge online, and nowhere does it say anything about being a floor model so I call another store nearby and ask if they have it brand new in a box. They did! So we rush over to purchase it. We looked at it and it was still wrapped in plastic and was brand new. So we go to the register to purchase on our Lowe's card (so we could get 6 months no interest), and our card declines because we don't have enough credit left. The other fridge hadn't been credited.
I spent 15 min on the phone and waited for a call back from the other store. Just my luck both the manager and my sales rep were out to lunch. But they finally called back and said it was refunded.
So I try to purchase the fridge again.
Declines even though we had more than enough credit per her screen.
The cashier calls the credit hotline and is trying to sort it out and my phone rings and it's a random 800 number. With all the mortgage stuff going on, I decide to answer it.
It's the fraud protection line from Lowe's.
Because there was a back to back credit and purchase, we were flagged and denied...
I had to go through a 15 min fraud call and answer a bunch of questions, at this point I am just completely pissed.
They finally release the hold, we make the purchase, set up delivery for Saturday and leave. I don't even have it yet and this fridge has been a royal pain in the butt. LOL!

You were talking to people in the same building I used to work! :P Glad you got the fridge you wanted after the hassle.
ReplyDeleteAlso - I don't think they should have charged you for the fridge until you signed for it and it was delivered. They were rolling out a point of sale plan where the customer is only charged upon delivery. Mute point at this point, but it seems like they have really gotten it together over there...
I'm beginning to think everything is a project these days! Nothing seems to go as planned, huh? Glad you are getting what you want. What a pain!
ReplyDeleteI agree with Kimberly! What a headache. I am glad to see that it was all worked out (finally)! Now, you have your fridge and you are ready to go!
ReplyDeleteThat stinks that they misled you on the first one, but glad it worked out for you!
ReplyDeleteCould you please share, how did you get this fridge inside Florence? :) I have orders the same fridge and now I have concerns about how we can get this fridge inside, looks like doors between garage too small for this fridge.
ReplyDeleteMy hubs took the front door off
ReplyDelete