Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Garage goodies :)

There were people working so I couldn't go in but I noticed a coat of mud/tape on the drywall and a bunch of goodies in the garage!
Sliding door screen
Guest bathroom sink and double bowl sink for our bathroom underneath

Stair railings and doors!
Whatever that pipe thing is on my roof is crooked.  Gonna have to bring that up to the PM.

Was at my neighbors for dinner and we both realized her morning room is different than mine and we couldn't figure out why.  She has a Rome but her morning room roof starts at her house and slants outward, where mine is a peak and the highest point is in the middle and slants out both ways from there.  Not sure if that makes sense but the only other difference is that we paid for the extra windows and they did not.

Curious as to why they would do different pitches like that, maybe it's an elevation thing?



10 comments:

  1. Looks like you are getting your trim done soon. Cant wait to see it all installed. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, it's so exciting when goodies show up in your garage! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is the perk of the Florence! It is the only one with that Peak I believe! :) Our SR and PM said that is their favorite floor plan when it comes to the morning room.

    Yippee on the goodies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really!? So exciting. I love it so much. As crazy as it is, most of the people in our neighborhood did not add a morning room (to me it was a must have!), and the few people who did, which are so far only 3, all have the Rome and none have added the additional windows. So, I wasn't sure what was up with that. But I'm glad we did, the morning room is quickly becoming my favorite room in the house!

      Delete
  4. We are building a Rome and we have no peak. It is just you floor plan. It makes it really unique.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The morning room was an incentive in our neighborhood, so everyone has one and each model has a different one. Some have 3 windows across the back, some have 4, some are peaked roofs, some extend directly from the back of the house like you described; ours is flat on top but angles down on the sides of the roof. Since we all have one, I'm glad they don't look the same. We did all seem to get side windows, though, which I always thought were extra.

    It's cool when the goodies start showing up! Exciting stuff!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's cool! I guess I figured they were all the same as they were an upgrade/bonus and all seem to extend off the house in the same manner. But it's cool that they are all different. In my case I'm glad it has a peak we we went with an elevation that otherwise only had on other peak so it definitely gives the back of my house a little interest. Yes, the windows were extra, in my case they were $995. I have seen that some people have the three across the back as well as a rounded one on top, that was not an option for me, I don't believe (however, I probably should have asked! oh well).

      Delete
    2. Esquire-ran, do you have a blog? Not listed in your profile, would love to follow you!

      Delete
  6. It could definitely be an elevation thing or a different design. They seem to make design changes all of the time.

    ReplyDelete