Thursday, June 20, 2013

living room with 2 focal points

I think I may have found a solution to the 2 focal point living room that we will have.  This will be our living room and the TV will be on the small half wall across from the windows and adjacent to the fireplace.  I wanted to find a way to make these two walls look like they belong together...


And I think I just may have.
Modern Spaces by Saratoga Springs Design-build Firms Witt Construction

Now, our fireplace is not on a corner but I'm thinking our TV would be in the corner...what do you think?  It would be similar to this, not exact because our fireplace is in a different spot but I think this is a great way to tie in 2 focal points and make them into one big one!  

I also found this image which is a more accurate depiction of our fireplace and TV placement

Traditional Family Room by Rochester General Contractors OasisDesign&Remodeling

I love this one too and it would keep our half wall free so we could put a few chairs there for extra seating!  

I'm thinking my husband's to do list just got longer...  :)

4 comments:

  1. Nice! That looks great. Perfect way to pull it together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like The first option where the TV would be in the corner, I mean if you want to make this walls flow together that's the best setting. I somehow not a big fan of TV being to one side of the fireplace, I donno why! Maybe I feel like its not balanced...but that's just me!

    Honestly both pictures look great. Can't wait to see yours!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice fix. I like the corner tv. You can either mount it to the wall or get a nice tc corner unit. I saw a bunch of nice ones on Wayfair.com

    ReplyDelete