Monday, June 10, 2013

Roof trusses

It's looking like a house!!

Of course...like a fool I checked the rates and I'm going to have to stop that.  They settled a tad lower with the same credit back that we settled on at a bit higher.  Oh well.  I guess the bottom line was like $9 difference a month.  

The only hope now is that we could float our rate with NVR and see if they come back down and if they do, then we'll go with them and have a lower payment.  If they don't then at least we have a decent rate with our bank who we trust.  I guess it can't hurt to have a few irons in the fire!

Rain has been causing some problems and we are a few days behind (although they do put a few extra days in there for weather issues) so technically we are still on schedule.  

PM responded to the hole in the plywood and the gap saying he will do a quality assurance check this week to make sure everything is up to snuff.  He did however, kindly discourage me from going inside the house or even stepping foot onto the "driveway" as my lot is "dangerous"...and he knows I was in it due to the pictures I took...oh well.  They don't give out his phone number anymore so the only way I can "see" my house with permission is to stop by the SR's office to ask (which our SR no longer works at this community so I'd have to meet the new one) or find the PM somewhere in the development and see if he can take me over.  I mainly only get over there at the end of the day when the workers are gone so I sneak in :)

As far as the shingles, yeah...we are getting the worst ones that money can buy.  It's a 3 tab, flat shingle.  Most of the development has those neat architectural shingles that are a little more fancy, but there are 3 builders in the community and they all charge different prices for what they offer.  One of the builder only does the architectural ones so we just assumed that's what we were getting but didn't realize we weren't looking at Ryan homes.  My neighbor across the way did the upgrade to architectural but we never even were offered it :(  My husband is afraid that the slightest hail storm and our roof is going to be trashed.  I told him that's what insurance is for :)

That's all for now!

2 comments:

  1. The house is looking good so far ! I am hoping the rain goes away!

    ReplyDelete
  2. But why do you need their permission? We get in all the time....
    I bet that wood is lot stronger than you think... It coming along beautifully!

    ReplyDelete