The only couch we really liked elsewhere was $2000 and we really just didn't "love" it so we had to check Ikea before any definite decisions. Oh and that couch at Pottery Barn wasn't comfortable in my hub's opinion so it was a no go.
So we scored this couch in "gray" at Ikea
Who knew such an inexpensive couch could meet the hub's comfy approval? But it really did! Especially since the seat was so deep! And the color is perfect, just what I wanted!
And then we found the most perfect table...only it said it was oversold and when we asked a specialist, they said it was discontinued! Ugh! We resolved ourselves to keep looking, but we stopped in the "as is" section before leaving, and it was there!!! It was a floor model and had a small scratch on it but the price was 45% off so we snatched it! It seats up to 10 people which I like but the middle leaf comes out and it's perfect for 6.
We didn't have room in the truck so we have to go back next weekend but these are the chairs I want. Not completely sure but I'm thinking 4 oatmeal and 2 gray or vice versa. I kinda like the idea of mixing them up.
And then, after all that money saving...I splurged on this ottoman from West Elm. My friend has it and I have been obsessed with it ever since I first saw it. It's big too which I love since our couch doesn't recline, we can put our feet up on it.
So this is what my bottom floor is looking like:
In other news, I HOPE we have our pre-drywall meeting this week! All the plumbing and wiring were being worked on the past few days, and the shingles were going on!
Guardian called me to confirm where our cable/phone outlets were going (and to also try and sell me an alarm package again haha) because they were putting them in next week so that's a good sign! And I hear once you have the pre-drywall meeting, nothing slows down the process! My neighbor said the day of hers, she was given a definite date and that is the day they closed!
Up for this week is filling out the packet for the newest new lender lol...here we go again. But this lender has been awesome and their rate is unbeatable. I even mentioned this to our LO at NVR and of course she came back with "if you don't use us you lose your $4000 closing assistance". I expected her to say that but really our bottom line is MUCH MUCH less with a lower interest rate, and closing costs that have zero lender fees (NVR's origination fee is $1800 on my paperwork). So I just said "yeah, we are still looking at numbers and thinking about it" because I'm not real sure I want to let them off the hook just yet until we get approval from this new lender. If you went with another lender, at what point did you let NVR know this? I'm afraid if I tell them now, they will stop processing my loan lol.






We love IKEA we go there all the time they have long curtains that fit every window you cant beat their prices either!
ReplyDeleteWe have been up front with NVR from the beginning about the lender. And actually our LO has been very helpful. We actually are completing paperwork for both because NVR is still trying to match the rate. They are hoping by closing the rates will go down. Which I highly doubt. But in other notes we are still getting our credit from NVR because they cannot match the rate. So I would keep pushing them. Our LO has been trying for two months to match and even waived our origination fee. At this point they have matched closing but not interest.
ReplyDeleteAlso maybe our credits are different. We got $6995 and it came off our loan not closing....so maybe there is more wiggle room for NVR since its not in the price. Good luck!
DeleteNice furniture finds. I love Ikea too. Glad you are saving money on your loan.
ReplyDeleteHey Kellie, love your furniture picks, especially the ottoman! It's looks so cool!
ReplyDeleteI would wait atleast till the loan application is approved by this new lender, just to play it safe.....