Wednesday, July 24, 2013

getting so anxious!

We are 8 days, 14 hours away from being in this house, provided everything goes smoothly.

Everything with our loan is good, except they had been waiting on the title work and hadn't gotten it so I emailed all my contacts (settlement coordinator, PM, realtor) and put the fire out there to get this done.  The settlement coordinator called her contact over at the attorney's office to get it done.  So hopefully this will be taken care of in no time.

Also got an email from the lender stating that they received a letter that we are on a private road.  At first I said that we weren't, but a call in to our HOA told me that in fact we are because we are in a gated community, and whatever problems the road may have are all the responsibility of the HOA to maintain.  Hopefully that's a good thing...never have had that before.

At this point it's all about tying up the loan which seems to be on track, and my settlement coordinator told me to "get my writing hand ready because it's going to be tired!".  Haha...I'm not on the loan only my husband is so maybe I'll use my arm to drink some coffee cause I'm gonna need the caffeine with all the moving coming up!  ha!

Our pre-settlement walk through is one week from today and I can't wait.  My hubs can't join me, he actually had something come up at work which is a bummer.

Didn't make it over to the house today, figured there wasn't much to see but my neighbor texted me that they were re-shingling some of the roof which alarmed me so a quick email to the PM and it turns out they do a final roof inspection at the end to replace any shingles that were damaged during construction.

Oh and the Rome that has been sitting vacant since before our home was started is finally in escrow.  I guess whoever built it pulled out, or lost their job and they have been trying like mad to sell it.  It's a Rome with the 5th bedroom instead of a loft, it is HUGE but it is pretty much completely standard (no upgrades).  They are selling this 3000+ sq ft house for less than I am paying for my 2112 sq ft house...........  that can't be good for me even though my house has a ton of upgrades but I feel even worse for my neighbor across the street with a nicely upgraded Rome.  This one is priced $50k under hers.  None the less, I'm really hoping it sold to a nice family seeing as how they will be our neighbors. And, this really lit the fire under us to get our fence done ASAP because I don't want to have to consult with any neighbors on it...it's our right to put one up and we are following the CC&R's but I can see how if my neighbors didn't want one, they might be irritated with mine.  But, such is owning a house I suppose...we can do whatever we want with ours, just like they can with theirs!

Which brings me to another point, our HOA is pretty darn strict.  Which is good in the way that your neighbors can't have anything ugly in their yard, or parked cars on their grass, or boats parked in their side yard, but that also means we can't have any of those things.  Not that I would, but you know what I mean.  A lot of people in our neighborhood have golf carts and ride around on them, and drive them to the pool.  I think it would be so fun to have one eventually, but I'm not sure where we would park it unless one of us parked in the driveway (which neither of us want to do).  We thought about a shed out back but the covenants are pretty strict on that, it has to be the same siding and shingles as your house.  So, who knows.  I guess we can figure all that out later.

That was a lot of rambling, sorry!  You can tell I'm trying to pass the time!!!

4 comments:

  1. 8 days!!! WOW.... I can't wait to get there! :-)You have mentioned a lot of things that didn't even occur to me before! I guess I have to start thinking about few things apart from the construction timeline! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be interested to see how the whole private road thing works out and hope that there are no issues with that.

    Also -- I am in your neck of the woods this weekend. We are stopping in Black Mountain to help a couple with their mountain property and then getting up through Asheville to Mars Hill.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you're almost to the finish line. I'm sure as strict as your HOA seems to be, there won't be issues with road maintenance. Glad to hear the vacant rome has found a family to call home. I think it sucks more so for those looking to buy afterwards. That price drop might affect appraisals for as long as it remains a valid comp.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such an exciting time! You will be in before you know it. That would be awesome to get a golf cart... my husband and I talk about that all the time, but we don't really have any place to go in it, so I doubt it will ever happen for us.

    ReplyDelete