Monday, July 1, 2013

PM weekly call

I stopped by the house this morning but of course there were a ton of people working so I didn't even stop :(

There was a guy in the garage doing all the trim and supposedly my cabinets were going in but it wasn't worth trying to peek in the windows and ruin the surprise :)

My PM called me this afternoon.  The cabinets were going in and should be mostly done today.  The cabinet guy was missing a few trim pieces so he won't be able to finish them until the end of the week.  Second coat of paint is this week.  My fireplace mantel wasn't shipped yet so that won't be going in until early next week.  The stone is laid on the fireplace after the mantel is up.  Granite is next week (can't wait for this!!), as well as lighting.  Drywall guys will be in early next week to do a touch up on any dings or dents from putting in the cabinets.  Flooring is next week (oh my hardwoods...can't wait to see this!!).  The column was put in on the front porch today.  Appliances will come in at the very end, as well as gutters.  But the next few weeks should be very very exciting with all the fun stuff!!  Then he said prepare for it to slow down as all the finishing touches go on.

The thing on the roof that was crooked (gas pipe thing?  can't remember), was fixed on Friday.  That makes me happy that this wasn't something that was put on a back burner.

So far, my experience has been just awesome (once we got into the PM's hands and the build started).  It has been so awesome that it has trumped all the earlier drama and delays.  I have not noticed any sloppy work, at all.  And I really pay attention to this stuff.  Everything has been top notch and I made sure to tell my PM this today, and he thanked me because he said it's his job to make sure the contractor's do quality work.  He asked me if I had any questions and I had none.  So it was great that I really had no issues that needed addressed.  Everything that we have paid for has been there and no mistakes have been made.  I hope this continues and I will be a happy camper.

After we hung up I sent him an email seeing if we could bump our pre-settlement meeting until noon (2 hours later) so my husband could join.  Not sure if he will be able to but we'll see.  So far, my hubs hasn't been present at any of the meetings because the times are never convenient for him without taking a whole day off work.  We'll see if they can work it out.

Sent NVR an email today about wanting to lock a rate with them since the rates seemed to have come down today a bit.  No response.  Either they have figured I won't go with them, or they just don't want my business.  But I don't want to completely close the door just in case we run into hiccups with our outside lender, which at this time is not likely as they have been top notch.

The settlement coordinator with RH has already exchanged info with our new lender, the appraisal has been transferred to our new lender...so everything is moving forward with them.

Praying our process continues to go smoothly.  I love this house.

3 comments:

  1. How exciting the rates are going down for once instead of up!! Your getting so close. I too am anxious to see your kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good going Kellie! Everything looks under control! Yes, can't wait to see everything coming together!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great news that you have had a positive experience. So far we have too. This is such a huge project that there will always be bumps along the way and as long as they fix them then I am ok with that.

    ReplyDelete