The PM called me today to update me on the house.
Supposedly our tile is going in today, and I'm super excited to see how this turns out. The bummer is, we are locked out of the house now so I'll have to go by when the PM can take me in to see it. I'm sure it's all right, considering our choices went straight from Rite Rug but I do really want to make sure. I've seen plenty of blogs where the tile was wrong, flooring was wrong, even the siding was wrong. So you never can be too sure unless you lay your own eyes on it :)
I think our hardwood is going in this week too. As well as landscaping (it if would ever stop raining...........) I guess they can't cut the sod while the ground is that wet so we have to wait on the lawn people for that one.
Also the trades are being brought in, so the lighting, toilets, sinks and faucet fixtures should be in this week.
I'm thinking it would be a good idea to schedule a time to see it late this week with the PM. I just feel bad that I'm bothering him...but I'm impatient. :)
Oh and on the paint...he said their contractor is totally slammed but he can refer me to someone else. Chances are...it's not cheap and to think we would give up a new TV for white ceilings is pretty stupid. So we will probably just live with it. I want to paint the kitchen a slate blue or something along those lines...and I think it's really just the kitchen that bothers me because it makes my cabinets look so...blah.
oooo all the good stuff is coming in!!!! Very exciting... Yeah its too bad that you are locked out, now we'll have to wait for the pictures!!! :-|
ReplyDeleteI bet once you paint the blue you won't even notice the ceilings. I would get the new tv over the ceiling.
ReplyDeleteThe quote I got today was $2100! holy crap! I could get a TV and a bunch of furniture for that price. Guess we'll be doing it ourselves ;/ I do have the number to a few painters that my PM gave me...maybe they are cheaper.
ReplyDelete