Friday, July 5, 2013

trim painted

We spent the 4th of July at Ikea picking up the rest of what we needed from there before we live 1.5 hours away (versus 1 hour now).

We picked up our cabinet hardware for the kitchen and bathrooms.  We went with these which are big and heavy and look nice.  We went with the same one but longer for all the drawers in the kitchen.  I'm looking forward to getting these on right away after closing because our cabinets will be super difficult to open without any hardware.  They fit completely together with no gaps.

We also got 8 chairs for our dining table that we got last time we were there.  We went with 4 charcoal and 4 natural:
I want to put 4 natural and 2 charcoal (at the ends) in the morning room and then the other two charcoal will go in my formal living/office (we are going to have a big built in desk with room for two chairs).  That way if we have company, we will have the extra chairs but they don't always have to be crowding up the morning room.

That was it for our big purchases and both our storage units are packed tight!  No more room.  And now we just wait to move everything in. 

There is still lots we will need.  And I need my husband to do a built-in entertainment center and desk area.  I highly doubt we will get this house the way we want it for at least 6 months-1 year.

We stopped in the house today and there was only 1 guy working.  He was finishing up the trim.  I peeked in and it looked really great, all the doors and moldings were painted crisp white.  Everything else looked the same.  Can't wait for my beautiful New Caledonia granite to go in.  We looked at some back splash tile but didn't fall in love with anything.  Kind of thinking of doing an accent paint color instead for the time being...just add it to the list is what I say!  Our list is so long but who's isn't!?


27 days!!!!!!







3 comments:

  1. I love those chairs, I have had those on my list for the last few months. You are so close.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the mismatching chair idea. We've seen it in a few model visits and it looks nice with chairs like the one you picked out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooo I like the hardware and chairs! Can't wait to see it all done! You are getting close!!!

    ReplyDelete