So I tell the lady on the phone that my listello is two different colors and she acts like "how have you lived there 2 months and not noticed?"
Um, probably in the same way that the people INSTALLING it didn't notice. Or my PM. Or me. For 2 months.
The thing is, our tile, which is this (Flint):
Has some brown tones in it. The only difference is the GLASS tiles.
I think this is what they mixed it with (Saddle):
You can see the stones are the same, its just the glass that is different.
Add in funky bathroom lighting throughout the day and the fact that the listello is only about 4 tiles tall and it would be easy to miss this. I had noticed it in the shower a few times but it was like they did 1 section this, one section the darker so it wasn't completely obvious. But over the tub, they did like 5 sections in a row of the Saddle which made me think "why isn't there any black or gray in that entire section?"
Since they have to come fix this, I want them to also fix our creaking stairs (about 6 of them), and the morning room bubble on the drywall which is still a mystery.
But, I have to say I absolutely LOOOOOVE my house and none of these small things have made me second guess anything in this process. Super duper happy. Just want these things fixed!


So glad you discovered the mistake. I have seen the builders build a patio door over a basement stairwell, I have seen them leave out an entire transom above a front door, I have seen them install part of the laundry upstairs and the other part downstairs and they almost mixed in two different style and color brick on the front of our HOUSE. I blogged about it one time so that people could leave their bloopers on the post. **^$%# happens ALL THE TIME. lol The nice thing is that you are getting them to take care of it and still enjoying your home.
ReplyDeleteEntire transom window Nadase, you dont say??? LOL! Got fixed and looks awesome though, so there is some good news! I knew something wasnt right with the front of the house and ............yup........it took about 2 months to really solve it.......and who really missed it.........it say the PM? Its was structural.
ReplyDeleteSo beat yourself up about missing it, there is so much to take in! Hope it is fixed soon......our homes are our hobbies in progress...and most of the time really love the challenges it brings!