Tuesday, December 10, 2013

formal living room office

So a month or two ago, my husband found this picture online and we both just loved it.  I thought it would be great as my desk in my formal living.  

Cue this past weekend when I went out of town, and got stuck in a snow storm on the way home with my 3 year old and we had to sleep in the airport and wait it out...well my husband said he had a big surprise for me when I got home...

After 24 hours of travel, my son and I made it home and I got to see my beautiful new office!!!


He built the desk using wood and pergo flooring on the top, and he broke apart my old desk to use as the support.  He took off the top of my old desk and mounted it as a shelf...he even did all the decorating you guys!  Down to the cute little lamp!  He rocks!  He knew I wanted some pink in my office :)

Guess I should go out of town more often, stuff gets done (without any effort from me!)!!

I think we are going to add another extension off to the left under my picture wall.  And eventually paint this room.  Probably a charcoal gray two tone or something fun!  Then we are going to get a couple little chairs for the right side, and a little table.  I love all the workspace I now have!



4 comments:

  1. Wow! Your hubby is putting mine to shame :p It's beautiful!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that's amazing!! Awesome job hubby!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww that's so cute. Beautiful office indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this and would be interested in the tutorial..any chance u have that or would put it on pinterest?

    ReplyDelete