Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Stairs. Again.

They sent the RH regional guy today.   Except it wasn't him.   It was someone else because he was sick.  

He first tried to act like they could just re-screw in the dishwasher and it was all good.   No.   The cabinet piece needs to be replaced on the right side where its split and it needs to be secured on the left side where its loose.  Had to push and then they agreed to call the cabinet people.   Now I'm waiting for a call back.   I'm glad though because there are a few areas where the seams are coming apart and I want them to see if that's an issue they can address.

Then.   The stairs.

I go up and down then multiple times a day.  When my husband comes down them it is even worse.

This guy went down them once and said they would get better over time.   That it needs one whole year to go through the seasons.

When my warranty is up?  No.

After he left I got out my level and sure enough just about every other stair is tilted forward.   The carpet and padding could be accounting for some of that but I doubt this much.  My stairs have settled and they are not handling it well.

I emailed my PM even though I am way out of my window but he is the only one I can trust. He can pass me on to someone else or give me advice.   But so far I'm not impressed with the RH number.   13 days and I'm still dealing with a broken cabinet and loose dishwasher.   PM would have had it fixed a day or two after it happened.

Hopefully we will get resolution soon.   In the meantime we are enjoying the Christmas season!!

1 comment:

  1. I hope your dishwasher and stairs get fixed soon! I'm glad you stuck to your guns and didn't let him try to push you off a whole year... I seriously doubt that time will cause your stairs to be level again. And the fact that it's only every other one makes me think that maybe it was an installation problem, not a settlement problem. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete