Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Living room/office...more good stuff

So I loved my office as it was but to take up some more space, we decided to add a L to it and have a laptop workspace for the hubs.

We have a bit more trim work to do but I am loving it!

My hubs built a simple frame and then used a hand scraped pergo flooring as the top.  He also did a backsplash to take up the space to the chair rail.  He broke apart my existing Walmart particle board desk to use as support.  We took my son's bookcase cube thing out of his room and put it under the desk with Wicker baskets for storage and bought him a taller one for his room. We purchased two extra dining chairs when we put the leaf in our table so we use them as office chairs.

And the latest addition are these fabulous blinds.   They are just 3" faux wood blinds from target, $18 each!  I chose espresso because I wanted a richness and I think it will look great with a gray paint we have chosen for in here.   We love them so much I think we are also going to put them in our family room since we have a lot of trouble with glare on the TV.

This whole project was less than $160, not including accessories/decor.   That is just the desk.   Not too shabby!  




Trying to decide if I should put a little conversation chair by my guitar and leave the other chair at the desk or move it away when not in use?  Suggestions?

3 comments: