I emailed our SR this morning because I do not have one document that shows our final sales price with all the options we have selected. All I have is about 10 change orders and at this point, I'm afraid she may have something in there we don't want or something missing that we do want (based on the fact that our last 2 change orders never got properly submitted so we had to add/delete those options after the pre-construction meeting). I feel like we should have some kind of document that shows everything we selected and our final price...and I don't think that should be too much to ask.
I also asked for a copy of the blueprint so I could have a lady at the furniture store measure out some couches for us, to which I got a response that "it's proprietary information and I would lose my job. Try using your floorplan". Well, the floorplan doesn't have all the exact measurements, like the windows and what not but whatever. Just one more thing I have to let go.
I also got to chat on the phone with my new neighbor last night (we happened to meet them when touring their house, and they came to check on it). She said she will keep a close eye on our house for us when it starts construction (they close in 2 weeks), so that's good to know.
We did receive an update email from the PM and no permit this week, which means no construction next week. Hoping he gets that permit next Tuesday which would start us the following week...which puts us 3 weeks behind the original schedule.
In other news, I found out we are getting the Progress Bravo lighting package which I love. It's very simple and chic and that's what I like.
Master Bath
Foyer
Morning Room
Ceiling fan package, family room
Powder room and I think upstairs bathroom will either have this, or a 3 light.
I also looked up our coach light, and this is what we are getting. However our color scheme is black and gray so of course when I saw this:
I sent an email to see if we could get it. It's the same price. I am already expecting a "no" and I do think the antique bronze will be pretty too...but I suppose it never hurts to ask.
Well, that's all for now...until I can find something else to obsess about...haha
UPDATE: they will not substitute the black light. No surprise there. And I should get my finalized price/option list on Saturday. We shall see.








Hi Kellie! Was the Progress Bravo lighting package standard for you, or did you guys upgrade to get that? You've got me wondering what lighting package I have. I know I got a Bravo ceiling fan, but that's because I paid for it. I'm wondering what my other lights will look like. Guess I'll scour my documentation when I get home to see if I can figure it out.
ReplyDeleteAs far as I know, this was a free upgrade, or else they have just switched over to this being their standard. We did not pay extra. I think the package right below it (before they switched to this) was the Joy package.
DeleteStacey, on our master sheet with the options we selected (given to us when we signed our purchase agreement), the first page detailed what was standard for the community. This was also on a second, more extensive price list that had all the possible options/price (in addition to marking which ones we selected).
DeleteHi J and M!! Thank you...and yes, I checked that out when I got in from work, because I was so curious. Not that I could or even would change it now....but I think I'm pretty happy with it anyway. :). It seems the Bravo package is the 'included' package for my community. Thanks again!!
DeleteLooks like we are on similar building schedule. We too are waiting for our permit.
ReplyDeleteAsk your SR for the "Master Selection Sheet". It will include all the options you've selected (less the change orders).
Thank you! I have to say it is kinda irritating that she didn't just automatically send it...why do I always have to ask? It gets annoying because I feel like I am always bothering her, when if she was just on top of things, I would never have to bother her at all!
DeleteHi kellie. Just came across your blog. Congrats. I got my blueprints but I was also told it was proprietary. Keep in mind the difference between what they have to say and what they can't stop you from doing. In other words, there are several copies laying around at the site at all times and even in the dumpster. Finders keepers. Lol
ReplyDeleteGood to know! I'll keep an eye out once they start construction!
DeleteAlso ask for copies of the pages that they have in their option book so you can keep them with you. I I have copies of the pages with the fridge package and all the light pics and took them to price out.
ReplyDeleteFollow my blog joiful17.blogspot.com