Thursday, April 18, 2013

Elevations

I really could not believe how expensive the elevations were.  We had a target amount we wanted to spend and while I would have really liked some stone on the house, it just didn't matter as much to me as the interior of the house.

Here is Elevation B on the left (what we are getting, minus stone), Elevation A in the top right (no roof peaks), and Elevation C in the bottom right.  We got a free upgrade for Elevation B, siding which was an $1800 elevation.  I think the only way to have gone cheaper would have been to go with elevation A, but I really liked the roof peak, and covered porch on B and so we kept it.

I know certain communities have certain looks to them, that likely require certain elevations.  Our community did not, and since we are the very first Florence in our entire neighborhood, we didn't have to select anything based on anyone else's choices.  

Here are some of the other elevations which are adorable but not budget friendly:






Ours will look identical to this...black and white made it look the closest to the gray and black shutters.  Our door will also be black, and this house is not quite finished so it lacks the lights and post.  I quickly added a carriage style garage door that we upgraded to in Paint.  I think that the garage door gives it a bit more character than the plain, no windows garage door did, and I think it was worth the upgrade.


I am hoping by adding some planter boxes to the bottom two windows in the front will give it a bit more charm.  I really like it and I think it will have a simplistic, classic look with the colors we have chosen.

3 comments:

  1. Yeah, the elevation is hard. We put a decent amount of money into it, although now as much as some of the other elevations. I think it will look nice with the planter boxes! I bet the type of landscaping you do can make all the difference as well and much more cost effective.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. Once we add some colorful flowers, trees, landscape lighting and I want to paint the front door a pretty light blue...I think it will be cute. I want it to have that East Coast, cape cod look and they all seem to be gray with white and black.

      Delete
  2. I wish we could get a bigger elevation upgrade - but it turned out to not be priority :( We went with Elevation K - your first photo. There isn't much difference in the structure to the B, just a bit of brick and some different siding. I wanted your second photo - oh how I long for that front porch!

    But, in the scheme of things, we wont be outside the house looking at it as much as we'll be inside living in it. So we used that money inside. The Florence is pretty I think in all the elevations.

    Jen
    http://buildingourabode.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete