Monday, April 22, 2013

landscaping package

Still no response from the SR regarding the things in my last post.  I'm sure I'll get the whole "the weekends are the busiest" and whatever excuse, but likely I will have to remind her this week.  Is it so terrible to want answers?  I have stopped in the model several times in the past few weeks as I have had errands to run over there, and we stop in to say hi, and my son loves her.  We have only had to wait to talk to her once, all the other times, we are the only ones there.  I feel like I'm giving her such a bad rap but then again, it is undeniable the communication issue that lies there.  She is very sweet and I enjoy visiting with her.  I do not enjoy being on the other end of an email for days on end.

I had been curious as to what we would get as far as landscaping.  I was told at the pre-construction meeting we would get a "starter package" which included some shrubs, a tree at the side of the house, a tree in the front of the house and sod on our entire lot.  I asked if we had a choice regarding the tree in the front.  I really love River Birch trees and I noticed a nearby Ryan Homes development had them in the front yard.  Of course I was told no, and we would get a red maple.  I think we will probably move it to the back right after we move in, and plant something else in the front.

I took a picture of my neighbor's landscaping.  This house has been finished for weeks and for whatever reason it has not closed escrow yet... I think there is something fishy going on there, like they are trying to pull out or something.
Talk about a totally basic package.  I do love the crepe myrtle side tree though.  I'm told RH gives a local landscaper the authority to pick 1 of 4 trees for the front yard pick, the one he feels is healthiest and most appealing.  But so far the only tree I see them putting in the front yard is the red maple.

We will have one of these on each side of the garage.

 They landscape a big around the corner of the garage to the front door.
 My other neighbor.  I just love the colors she has picked for her elevation.
 I noticed this on the ground near the tankless water heater.  Not sure what it is?
 Looks like they mulch around the air conditioner.
 A spigot on each side of the house.
The same neighbor's kitchen.  They went with the same cabinets (but didn't add the crown moulding to the tops of the cabinets), and they went with Santa Cecilia granite which has gold and yellow tones (we chose New Caledonia which is gray toned).  They also have the same flooring as us, those beautiful dark hardwoods!  They had a different appliance package too.  They chose to leave off the cabinet hardware as well, and let me tell you it is very hard to open those cabinets without hardware!  We both laughed when we tried to open a drawer, we had to open the cabinet by the bottom just to open the drawer because those cabinets fit together so tight! Guess we are going to have to make that one of our first projects, and she said they did too!  They are such beautiful heavy duty cabinets.

Also if you look at the wall color, that is "divine white", the same color we are getting.  It doesn't look yellow or tan (what we didn't want), but it is not quite white.  It will be fine, we aren't worried about it.  



9 comments:

  1. Those are the little red leafy bushes I was complaining about in another post. I DO NOT want those.

    That landscaping does not look very good! Like...barely anything there.

    Ask your PM if you can pick out and discuss options with him and maybe he will be receptive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also, if you want ask your PM to put bushes around your AC unit. Mine said he would!

      Delete
    2. I'm pretty sure I will get a no! We are past the point of any changes anyways.

      Delete
  2. Okay, I found your blog through someone else's blog! Yay!! You know I LOVE LOVE THAT KITCHEN!! Check out my response to your response on my blog that you just left. Check out my finished kitchen.

    The green plates are part of the sump pump process. We were told exactly how this works which I don't remember now except it supports the water flow direction.

    I LOVE my Rushmore cabinets. They are the best that RH offers from their selection sheet because the offer the wood panel doors. I am trying to remember if the Wyoming Spice comes with the wood panel doors. I believe so with the exception of the tight knit connection between the draws and lower cabinets.

    Have you considered adding the followers button to join your site for your blog? I have the instructions on a tab on my blog. ricknadase.blogspot.com You will get more comments on your blog and more folks to follow your journey.

    It's much easier to follow a blogger's journey. Also, if you have not already done so you can turn off the word verification which allows for bloggers to leave comments without having to decipher this weird word pattern. ugghh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will go check out your comment! We don't have a sump pump and neither does our neighbor. We don't have basements here. What else could it be? I am pretty sure we are on city water and sewer, no septic tank. Blogger doesn't have a "followers" button anymore, at least I couldn't find it anymore, and I think it's changed to be something that is tied to google plus. I don't have a google plus account

      Delete
    2. No way!! SHUT THE FRONT DOOR!! They don't have a follower's button anymore. Did you try the instructions to add it?

      Sorry, I forgot what our PM told us about those green plates, we have several in our backyard. I used to ask so many questions and was flooded with information; however, I don't remember. #sadface

      As far as the landscaping package goes...some PMs will add to them and others just won't because they want to follow the design for your home. I like the PMs who bend the rules just a little to make you a happy camper and get a "10" on his survey. It doesn't hurt to ask; if he is one of the nice PMs. If not, run to your local nursery and plant to your heart's content. You may find yourself enjoying the choices you pick instead of the plants they pick. :-)

      Delete
    3. Yep just tried and it says "google+ followers" and i can't add it to my page unless I have a google + profile, which I don't. I'll ask my PM when we get to that stage in the build, I wouldn't mind a few shrubs around the A/C for sure.

      Delete
    4. okay, I just checked the page and found the tab for followers. You have to click the button to the upper left hand corner "more" This will give you "more" options to choose from, as you continue to scroll down you will notice a button that says "followers" Try that and see what happens. On my blog, it said it was already added which mean you may still have the option to add it. Good Luck!

      btw-i checked outside for the green plates and it looks like they are for the sewage.

      Delete
    5. I found it, thanks! It was in the "more" at the bottom. It is in the top right of my page now, thanks for your help! I wonder, are those green plates hard to mow over? I wonder why they wouldn't have made them in a mulch patch or something.

      Delete