Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Let's talk appliances!

When choosing our home selections, we knew we wanted our kitchen to be nicely upgraded as we have never had a nice, big kitchen before and it's an area we always wished we had.

One of our first upgrades was our appliances.  We went all the way to the top with Premier VI  (the choices are II, IV and VI).  When struggling with other options, we looked at Premier IV but after looking at how awesome the VI were, we knew we didn't want to give them up.

I really wanted a wall oven, but it wasn't offered in my model, so the next best thing was a double oven range.  Premier II did not have it, so it was out of the running.  I noticed some people get the bottom of the line and then sell them and buy nicer ones, but I just knew that was too big of a pain for us and didn't want to do that.

Premier IV and VI have the same oven.  (We did pay a small upgrade fee to get a gas stove)
GE Model# PGB930SETSS


We LOOOOVE this range.  It has 5 burners, and the center one is an oval so you can cook on a griddle (comes with it) right on top.  The bottom is actually a baking drawer so you can cook two things at once.  One of the other things I love is that the screen is glass touch, which will make it easy to clean.

So, we knew with either IV or VI we would be getting this stove, score!!  The dishwasher was the same with Premier II and Premier IV, but was upgraded with Premier VI.  

The dishwasher:
GE#PDWT380VSS
I love that the front is clean and sleek.  The buttons are on the top, but you can only see them when you open it.  One of my favorite features is you load an entire bottle of detergent in there, and it uses it.  Once it gets low it gives you a warning light.  All the jets and stuff are cool too but the detergent thing is extra cool to me.

While the dishwasher was cool, the main thing that swayed us to Premier VI is the microwave.  It is an oven in and of itself!  
GE#PSA1201RSS
 I love the glass panel display, easy clean!  It cooks in all these ways: 
Speedcook, Microwave, Convection, Bake, Broil, Warm, Proof, Toast




I thought this was so cool!  Instead of waiting to heat up a big oven, I can cook cookies in the microwave!  Or I can cook my son some chicken nuggets for lunch and they will be all nice and crispy (instead of soggy in a regular microwave!), and I won't have to use my big oven.  It seemed perfect for lots of different things in my daily life!

5 comments:

  1. Nice! I probably should learn to cook before I move into our new home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too haha. Having a nice kitchen will really make me want to (I hope).

      Delete
  2. It looks like we chose the same package. I have told my whole family the holidays will be at our house now. Now we just have to figure out what 4 items we want to cook at the same time at different temps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love the dishwasher, we looked into upgrading to that model but was priced out. It has good ratings too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have that same dishwasher and you cannot load the whole bottle of soap in it at once. You can do that with the rinse aid but not the soap itself.

    ReplyDelete