Thursday, June 20, 2013

Pre-drywall meeting

The pre-drywall meeting this morning went awesome!!

It was really neat hearing all the ways my house will be super duper energy efficient!  All the light fixtures we added were there, the side of the house where there was a gap was fixed, the hole in the plywood was fixed, and everything looked great, even admist the chaos!  While me (and my 3 year old!) were there, all the insulation was going in and the drywall was delivered so there were two huge crews of people there and it was crazy!  PM hopes our siding will go up tomorrow or Saturday and drywall will get started tomorrow.  I am just so so so so excited and can honestly say all of that stuff that happened in the beginning is all in the past.  I'm very happy with how things look!

And...I was given a closing date of August 5th but after a little begging, my PM said he would approve August 2nd (a Friday!) so that we could have the whole weekend to move in and enjoy!!!

And if you remember this post about my stone fireplace...well I was very excited today to hear that not only was I getting a half stone fireplace but I was also getting this beautiful moulding package that goes with it!  I guess the SR only sent me the bottom half of the fireplace and I never got to see the top.
Here's a pic from the model:
Our top half will have that beautiful crown package, and the bottom half will be similar but we will have stone and a raised hearth.  This is quickly becoming my favorite thing in the house.  I can't wait to see it finished!!

7 comments:

  1. That fireplace will look amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sooo happy for you !! Aug will be here before you know it !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its good to know that you were pleasantly surprised! Aug 2nd...wow....Exciting!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. agree with tourqeyes, that will be one amazing looking fireplace!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow that will be awesome... hmm... wonder if I can change that on mine..... :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the fireplace!!!

    We did not add that option, but I now wish we would have.

    http://ourjourneytoavenice.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice fireplace option. It is great that you are getting in early to have the extra days to move in. The first of August is so close.

    ReplyDelete