Monday, July 22, 2013

almost finished {pics}!!

Front door was painted.  Love it but I think I may change it to a cottage blue at some point.  Wish the garage door was down for the "full effect" lol.  Column on porch still needs paint.

Grass is looking great.  Less patchy and fresh looking, more like a solid lawn.  Tree in front was staked and the crepe myrtle tree by the house is looking better.

Gas still needs to be hooked up

Then I opened my front door and I heard the angels say "ahhhhhh!" LOL!!!  I LOVE THESE FLOORS!

Chair rail in formal living room (which is really "my room", my eventual office/sitting area)

Looking at my room from a different angle.  Love the chair rail.

And then I saw my fireplace...what a beauty!  

And my countertops were without that protective coat...LOVE them so much.  They are very "gray" which is exactly what I was wanting.  I am planning to paint the kitchen a light gray blue to help offset the creaminess in the cabinets because that paint in there now is just so blah!  

Morning room looking into family room (where TV will be on that wall)

And my kitchen again..."ahhhh!" LOL!  Love those appliances so much.  Love this kitchen so much.  Nicest kitchen I have ever had!

Laundry room tile

Laundry room where washer/dryer is.  Other side of laundry room is big enough for a small mud room space.

Another thing I was worried about was my railing stain.  I think it looks good, opinions?  I wish I would have taken a close up pic but I did look and it seemed to match very well and the upstairs maintained the same darkness (where as my neighbor's was much lighter on the upstairs).

Beautiful railings

My bathroom where I can see the floors now.  This bathroom is really nothing to write home about, it is very small but I'm glad we upgraded the tile and such, it does make it feel bigger with the glass shower and the tile makes it feel fancy.  Maybe many years down the road I'd like to expand this though.  

One more view of my beauty.  Forget the whole upstairs...I am living for this fireplace and my kitchen.  

PM called for my update and I missed his call so all I got was a voicemail.  The gas line is being hooked up today or tomorrow and then the painters will be back through for the final touches, it will need to be cleaned because it's all dusty, but other than that, I really didn't see much else (and we are 10 days away!).  Can't we please close sooner???  Ugh.  

I think this last week is for our PM to do his Quality inspection and I did see some blue tape in a lot of different places so I'm sure the flooring people need to come back out and fix those areas, as well as I saw lots of little areas that needed grout.  So, I think this is the final week of making the house perfect...and hopefully there won't be much for us to do at our pre-settlement meeting.  Not sure if I'm just missing things or if my PM is that awesome, because my husband and I both have actively been looking for things wrong and haven't seen much of anything.  I'm sure once we get in we will notice things but for now, it looks great.

10 days and a wake up!!!!!

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful home congratulations your build went way faster than ours were so excited for you what a gorgeous home WOW!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok so Im in love with that fireplace, I have never seen one like that!! I never wanted a stone fireplace because I thought it was over kill all the way to the top, but your is perfect!! How did you do that?? I wish I had seen that before!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! this is just how the community does it. I originally thought we were getting one that went all the way up and it wasn't until they put in the fireplace that I noticed it was going to be different by the way it was framed. This is how it is at the model but without stone (as far as the top part of it), but I think even that was an upgrade because my neighbor just got slate and hers doesn't have the fancy top part. I really love it so much and it was one of those happy surprises that I was so excited to find out about, since we had so many sad surprises with delays and such!

      Delete
  3. You are soo close!!! Everything looks gorgeous!!!!! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know what I should comment on first, everything is so gorgeous...I LOVE those floors, the fireplace is a real beauty, and the railings are awesome! And the pretty pretty kitchen. LOVE the exterior....Its getting so close. Very happy for you! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love Love the creativity that went into the fireplace. I love how they added the trim, stone and the traditional mantle combination. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete