Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Carpet and more!

Met another fence contractor today, twice the price as the first guy.   Gonna keep shopping for quotes.  To answer a question, the pic of the fence I posted is the community standard, as in that is the only kind we can have.  It can't be anything but that.   And it has to be stained gray. So it's either that, or nothing which kind of sucks since it's an expensive fence.   But I'm not about to put my dog on a chain so we are making it a priority while we will have the cash that we are getting back at closing.
All my faucets are in, dishwasher, lighting, carpet!  Mainly only little things now like trim, railing stain, stove and microwave and touch up paint!
Gotta love my little guy modeling the fireplace lol!!

18 comments:

  1. Sorry about the fence issue. I would keep bidding the fence contractors against each other. Have you tried Service Magic to get quotes?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, he is too cute and I bet he is excited about everything going on. I'm anxious for my twins to see our house go up because they are almost 5 and this is going to be a great memory for them also...I'm saying this again - Your cabinets and granite look GREAT!!! If I could change my choices right now I would totally be a copy cat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! We definitely went against the grain...seems as though most blogs go with Santa Cecilia with those cabinets. I am not a huge yellow/gold fan so I was against anything with those color tones and this was really the only choice, but I loved it right away.

      Delete
    2. I let my husband pick the granite bc I got the cabinets that I wanted. I hope I don't resent him for this lol...I like the Santa Cecilia and I know it will look good, but I wish he would've just left the choices up to me. I know that sounds selfish, but he has no sense of style and he's color blind to boot. He told me the other day that the divine white flat paint that comes standard was fine and that we weren't going to repaint anything...I almost took his head off lol. He makes me pray often :)

      Delete
    3. LOL so you get divine white too then? It's definitely more on the tan side which is why I'm pissed it's on my ceilings too. Don't want to drip white paint on to my new hardwoods trying to do it myself but not going to pay someone else lol. Your selections are very similar to ours, so we do have the same style. My neighbor got the same cabinets (except ours are the maple butterscotch--don't even get me started on the hazelnut, i found tooth and nail for them and they wouldn't let me have them), and she got santa cecilia and it looks really nice together. I think you will be happy with it! you can always pick a paint color that brings out the darker accents or offset the gold. The sample you posted online is much more gold than my neighbors is, hers seems more creamy with not as much yellow undertones. so you never know what your slab will look like.

      Delete
  3. I agree with June everything looks absolutely beautiful I really love your cabinets cant wait to see the final walk through pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the new caledonia countertops! (That's what we have--it's so pretty in the light.) And they look great with the cabinets.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks all! We definitely chose a different color palate than most so it was hard to envision it with nothing to look at, but so far everything is very "us", well all except that paint color but that's getting changed anyway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that your countertop is in it takes away the blahness of the wall- cabinet color. The darker counter is a nice contrast. It looks great.

      Delete
    2. Thank you! I have found the perfect shade of blue that will do really well in the kitchen against those cabinets too, so that should help with the "Blahness" of the paint haha. My pinterest boards are exploding with ideas!

      Delete
  6. I love your floors...and the granite and cabinets combo is great!!!
    Your little guy is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your little blondie reminds me of mine! :P

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great pics! Is that a soap dispenser next to your kitchen faucet? We were on the fence adding one, but decided not to get it. Hope you find a fence contractor that won't end up charging you an arm and a leg!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess it is! It wasn't something I selected so it must have just been included. I didn't even notice it lol!

      Delete
  9. Wow you are getting sooo close!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Could you please explain what and where it is on your second photo?

    ReplyDelete