Stopped by the house to meet one of the painters my PM referred me too. He was much more reasonable with price but I think we have agreed to tackle it ourselves. It's hard to pay someone for a task like that which you will not really receive any benefit from (like a TV you can enjoy for 5 years lol).
They had the fireplace almost done, LOVE! They even did bigger pieces on the hearth like I asked. I had seen a few in the neighborhood that was much more pieced together with smaller pieces. I'm not exactly sure why it is rough though. .. hoping they come in and smooth it out.
***updated to add that hubs is not happy with the rough hearth and we visited a RH model nearby with the exact same fireplace as ours and even took pictures and it was not rough. Hubs isn't gonna let this go. I don't love that is rough either.
Tile is laid (and was fresh so I didn't want to pull up the paper) in our bathroom (love!!), the guest bathroom and the laundry. My neighbor got sod and landscape today so we should get it tomorrow or the next day. They need to clear our lot and smooth it out ... is really bumpy and messy right now.
Exciting things this week! Can't wait for granite!!! Oh and the last picture is of our pine mulch that was delivered!
The fireplace is beautiful and the tile is beautiful. I like the color of the tile a lot.
ReplyDeleteI love your fireplace. It is so elegant. I like the stone and the molding around it. I like having the "seat" so you can place decorative items on it. We are doing full stone on ours and I can't wait to see it in person. I really like your tile too, it has a nice modern look but will stay pretty timeless.
ReplyDeleteI love your fireplace...wish that would have been an option for us!
ReplyDeleteThe fireplace and tile looks amazing! You did such a great job with your selections. You will be amazed at how much sod will change the house it will look so much more complete! Good Luck
ReplyDeleteThanks! Going to stop by later today and check it out, hoping to see some nice green grass! And maybe my hardwoods?? Can't wait!
ReplyDeleteYes, I love that fireplace. It did not disappoint!
ReplyDeleteVery Nice! LOVE the fireplace and the tile...
ReplyDeleteExciting week indeed!
i love everything ! the tiles in the bathroom are gorgeous !!
ReplyDeletethank you! we went with everything in the gray color tone that we could find, and this was the only selection!
DeleteGreat color choices! You know how much I love the grey, too! :) And your hearth is gorgeous. Good call on asking for the larger pieces on the hearth and not the surround. Can't wait to see the granite!
ReplyDeleteLove the fireplace and tile! Excited to see pictures of your granite/cabinet combination.
ReplyDelete