Monday, July 15, 2013

Happy camper :)

Stopped in to see the house today.  Didn't see anything new...until I looked again at the fireplace.
The first pic is the before.  Bumpy, lumpy and pieced together.  
The second is the after :) smooth and clean.  
We told him if anyone asked we would say it was a $10k upgrade haha.   He was hesitant to do it because he said then everyone would want it. I think it looks very nice.  

12 comments:

  1. Very nice! Its nice that they did it the way you wanted....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I expected more fight on it to be honest. And I didn't really care that it was pieced together, but it was very obviously rough. It almost looked like it was poured concrete that didn't set right and there were chunks of aggregate poking out. It just looked nothing like the model home we saw a day or two prior...and so because we had that fresh in our mind AND I took a picture...there wasn't really an argument to be made on his part as to why it was so rough. Since they had to re-do it anyway because of that, I thought I'd ask for a single piece AGAIN which I was denied the first time, and I was happy they allowed it for me. I like the modern sleek line it has now, which is more our style anyway.

      Delete
  2. That looks nice and clean. Glad it worked out for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! I have found if you ask nicely the PMs who care try everything they can to fix stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He definitely cares. And we have been really easy on him in my opinion...so this was the first real thing we had a problem with and he took a pic on his ipad, sent it to the stone guy and it was fixed 2 days later. I think he realizes what a rocky beginning we had, and then with all the delays...I hope he knows that he is really turning this whole process into such a joyful experience, especially when it comes down to things like this. He's really awesome.

      Delete
  4. Wow!!! This looks GREAT!! so glad that was an easy fix for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks very nice. Can't believe they made the first one so ugly and thought it was fine!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks very nice. Can't believe they made the first one so ugly and thought it was fine!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Definitely looks nicer this time around.. Glad they took care of it for you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the character that was added with the trim, shadow boxes and crown molding. Very nice touch!

    ReplyDelete