Saturday, July 13, 2013

Hardwoods!

Stopped in today... didn't expect to see much since we were just there yesterday... but boy were we happy to see our hardwoods!!  And more!!

Two more homes have started construction on our street with a third closely behind.   All Venice's.  So far we are still the only Florence in the hood!

12 comments:

  1. The floor looks great and I really like that granite with the cabinets. Are those the standard light fixtures? Did you have to ask to have them facing up?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes those are standard. No I didn't tell them up or down.

      Delete
  2. I just looked over your selections (again) and you made some really good choices. You didn't get too much of one color and every room is different. It seems like everything we picked is brown lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! We picked everything on a gray color scheme. Would have done the espresso cabinets in the kitchen but it would have been to dark because of our floors. Now I'm looking for paint colors that will tone down the yellow hue in the cabinets. Thinking a slate blue, but light.

      Delete
  3. Looks lovely! I especially like your light fixtures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I just realized that these are different than the ones we were told we were going to get. I'm excited though causei like these better. I think they area tad more modern whereas the others were more curvy.

      Delete
  4. It looks great. Plus the counter tops really help with the kitchen cabinets and white walls you were worried about. Love the fireplace with the hardwoods, we have very similar taste.

    ReplyDelete
  5. All your choices are coming together wonderfully!! Looks really, really good!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! We definitely tried for a more modern approach, I haven't seen any blogs that went along the same lines as us so it was hard to visualize it but I'm really happy with how it's coming along!

      Delete
  6. Those hardwood floors are A-MAY-ZING! Light fixtures are looking great too! I'm very pleased to know that they are the standard, now I can hope ours will be as good as yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! It's weird because our contract said the Joy/Bravo package so we were getting some from each package. And the model home just got all the updated lighting so I saw what it was and was ok with it but not thrilled. Then I saw these in my home and was like "yeah!!". Thanks, the floor excites me so much and it was our biggest expense. I am a little worried about how much they may show dirt...

      Delete
  7. Wow the floors look awesome!!!
    Everything is coming together nicely.... and quickly!! =)

    ReplyDelete