Tuesday, July 30, 2013

patience is not my strong suit

On the phone all morning trying to get an update on the loan and come to find out they are waiting on the Certificate of Occupancy and can't proceed without it.  My lender said if they don't receive it today, we won't close on time.

Freaking out, I call the settlement coordinator, the model and send frantic emails to my PM.

They find out it was mailed yesterday and they should have it today, or tomorrow at the latest.

I call my loan guy back who says they will just make it a "funding condition" and it's ok as long as they get it by friday.

OK so what was the big deal?  Why would he even imply we wouldn't close on time if he didn't RECEIVE it today??

Our file is back in underwriting now and he asked me to keep my phone close in case they need any last minute items from me.  But he said he isn't anticipating anything.

So basically I'm freaking out and praying that this house closes ON TIME as we are already scheduled to vacate our apartment and TWO storage units by Sunday and I cannot even fathom another night in the worst place we have ever lived...

My husband says if we don't close on time he will break in and throw mattresses down in the living room ;)

Send good vibes, prayers, thoughts...anything our way please!!!  Should have that final loan approval by Thursday morning and hopefully that will help me finally organize our uhaul and start packing!  But I am at a total road block and can't do any of that until I officially know we are definitely closing on time.

I'm sure we will and when we do I am going to come back and laugh at this crazy sounding post!

11 comments:

  1. Awwww!! Sending my thoughts and prayers your way.
    I can imagine your stress, but try to relax. You said they found out that the thing is already mailed...right? So, everything will be ok.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We ran into the same thing!! They also mentioned not closing in time. I called my PM and SR. My PM said that normally when people close with NVR they know that the certification is on the way so it isn't such a big deal. But the outside lenders freak out and us out!Our PM actually had to personally drive to the county and pick it up! We ended up having the condition as long as it arrived by the closing time we were good. Also, we did not hear our final numbers until 8pm the night before. And then 2 hours before they called and said we needed to bring another fee of $200. It is a survey fee Ryan homes charges. So make sure they caught that in your closing documents so it doesn't hold anything up. Ryan homes actually contacted our title agency a few hours before closing telling them about it! Try and breathe and relax. You are soooo close! Yet, we are so very much alike. haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I remember! We shouldn't owe anything, in fact we are getting money back at closing so the only thing I am concerned about is just closing in general. making it happen on friday. our current living situation has been so stressful!

      Delete
  3. Bless your heart! I will pray for you and the family :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope everything goes smoothly and you're in by Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Our PM picked up our certificate of occupancy the morning we closed! He said it is always the last thing they are waiting to receive.

    Good luck with closing on time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Keeping my fingers crossed for you! I am sure everything will work out great and you will be in your dream home in no time :) Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How stressful! Praying the CO comes in and all goes smoothly. I would totally break in too;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I totally feel your pain ! our underwriter asked us for paper work the morning of our settlement ! luckily it didn't hold up our closing. sending prayers your way !

    ReplyDelete
  9. Prayers and good thoughts sent. You are so close, enjoy your new home.

    ReplyDelete