For a week straight there is threat of thunderstorms. I just don't even know what to do. To be promised a delivery date of June 1 and now we are into August...it's just so stupid. If this weather manages to push us beyond the date of my son starting preschool then I just will fly off the handle.
I'm trying to laugh about all this, I'm trying to stay positive. But our house was supposed to be started March 25. We had our pre-construction meeting mid-MARCH! It's now mid-MAY.
I can't say I blame Ryan homes for any of it...it has been a variety of uncontrollable things that have come in the way but right now, I am just not a happy camper by any means.
I need this to turn around and go my way. PLEASE.
Update: I did just check the permit website and thank goodness my permit has been ordered...we are the one on the bottom.


I'm sorry Kellie, it will go fast won't things do start moving. I promise (I know that is no consolation, I'm sorry!)
ReplyDeleteThank you. I'm just ready for this thing to get going and it is still just sitting there, untouched! It's maddening!
DeleteI completely understand how that feels.... I saw rain for 2 days and I was freaking out. Sorry girl!! But hey, this will pass!!
ReplyDeleteSending positive thoughts your way...Hoping to hear good news soon! (Like a big hole :))
ReplyDeleteI am sorry about your delays. We are in the same boat. I did just find out that RH has been lying to us about the permit issue, they blamed the County, so I called them and found out that they hadn't even submitted the tax info to get our street address yet and they were supposed to break ground the end of March for us too. They still haven't even submitted the permits for any of the houses on our street. Urgh. I can handle weather or delays beyond the builders control but to keep telling us that they submitted the permits months ago and then be told that they didn't, I am starting to lose faith. Good luck, if they don't break ground in the next couple weeks we are thinking about finding another builder and moving on.
ReplyDeleteThe same thing happened to us were not closing until September and we have 3 kids two of which are in school were struggling with the weather too we have lost a week due to rain already. Its tough but try to remain strong.
ReplyDeleteUgh! I feel your pain. We are building a Florence in Ohio and I had these issues. We sat at a complete stand still for a month!! We broke ground April 29th and the rain has been every other day for us. Our delivery date is July 18th. So it sounds like estimation is on track. Praying for no more rain your way!
ReplyDeleteOh no! I am singing "Rain, rain, go away" for you. I hope that they are able to get some parts completed despite the rain! Yuck!
ReplyDeleteHi. I have been keeping up with your progress and it seems like you have had one road block after another! Hope it lets up soon.
ReplyDeleteHang in there. Sending sunshine your way.
ReplyDelete